Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fisher6280

Favorite combo?

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

What is your favorite all-around rod/reel combo? mines a tica 7 foot surge rod with a quantum catalyst 40 reel. the rod is really sensitive so you feel every bite while bottom fishing. the rod also has quite a bit of whip to it so it casts pretty far for a 7 foot rod.. i really hope a newbie is reading this. i recommend this rod, its affordable and worth it. the reel, ive had for 3 years. no problems at all.

My fave is a Saltiga Ballistic 33 and Daiwa Saltist 20h loaded with 50# Stealth for baitcasting. It catches everything.

For plugging, I like my 8' Legend and Twinpower 5000SW. Super light, and super smooth.

I have a 9' 1 piece ugly stick with an old cardinal 7 reel I got off the you know what auction site. Now I never really liked ugly sticks but I got this 20 plus year old blank(not sure age) and put this retro setup toether for pencils and It cast's like a rocketsmile.gif

I like it better than my custom 11' lami its easy to cast.

Daiwa BG 13 on a Shimano Terramar 7' MH 1/2-1 1/2oz loaded with 30# PP.

And another favorite but specific species rod is my speck rod. I love to fish for specs, its like hunting for a Boone and Crockett buck.

Its a 6'6" St Croix rated for 1/4-5/8oz, with a Penn SSg 430 loaded with 15# PP.

My fav is a Legend 10'6" 3/4-4 with a Stella 5000 (soon to be 6000 as soon as my spare spool arrives). This super light weight pairing is thanx to the advice of some SOL members. Thanks again!!

A fairly new one for me. A 7'-6" Ande Torunament spinning rod, with Penn Sargos.

Works great for flipping a jig or jighead with shrimp in the River and at the beach.

Inexpensive set up, too. smile.gif

This is my fourth year with St croix 8 foot tide master with a VS 200. I have tried nine foot rods and not enjoyed the day as much. This set up has gotten me my personal best the last two years 23lb and this last week 27lb Striped Bass out of the Canal. A lot of people think the reel is to big for the rod but not me.