Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kamel

My Father's Day Weekend Report

4 posts in this topic

On Saturday I started my day by heading to the Windemere Access in Colchester, VT and helping out with the LCI Little Anglers Fishing Derby. It was a fun event for the kids even though the bite was slow while I was there. I was there from 10am - 1:30 when I headed home, met my wife and hooked up the boat for Shadow Lake in Glover, VT.

I put in a little time trolling (less than an hour) when I got to camp and called it a night. Nicki and I headed out early on Sunday morning as I was trying to get a handle on where to find some fish. Though I've been going to camp for 31 years, this is the first time I've trolled the waters using downriggers. I wasn't able to put us on any fish for the morning run but decided I was fishing too deep of a program and I made some adjustments for my 11:00 solo outing.

Here Nicki and I are and I couldn't tell ya if we're coming or going. I didn't realize we were being photographed.....

sl1.jpg

On my 11:00 solo trip I was setting my second line out as I notice that the rod on the first rigger I set was bent right over like it was hooked to the release but the line was 15' behind the cable. grin.gif I grabbed the rod and low and behold I caught a good eater laker. I generally release every laker but this one was mortally wounded by one of Reeldeal's (a friend of mine) painted lures I was running behind my blades 18' below the surface. In the bucket he went.

My next release came from the other rigger, set at 15' with one of my very own 'custom' tape jobs. cool.gif

The rainbow put on 4 nice aerial displays for me as I worked him to the boat. A nice rainbow with beautiful colors and the reddest meat imaginable. He made it to the frying pan first!

sl2.jpg

I'll be spending the second week of August on Shadow and will be fishing like mad. I'm hoping by the end of my vacation I'll have learned a bit more about the lake I've loved for over 30 years.

beautiful looking fish Kamel.. we may have the grouse for a state bird down here but you've got some pretty trout in the Green Mt. State...