Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
guitarfreek10

bucktailing

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

alright i think im gonna try the whole bucktailing thing for stripers in the fall i need to know what kind of bucktails? what should i put as a tail? how to fishem? when to fishem? and hopefully if i get some good responces ill finally catch a striper

thanks tedsmile.gif

I suggest buying any decent bucktail (Andrus, SPRO, Ketch69 from BST), in white or chartruesse, and attach a red plastic curley tailed worm or pork rind (red and white).

That's the quick easy answer.

View Postalright i think im gonna try the whole bucktailing thing for stripers in the fall i need to know what kind of bucktails? what should i put as a tail? how to fishem? when to fishem? and hopefully if i get some good responces ill finally catch a striper

thanks tedsmile.gif

trial and error. theres too many variables for one type of brand, trailer, size, retrieve, time etc. . . . theres no set paremeters on what works. some swear by curly tails, some porkrinds. some like the spros, i like andruus. no short cuts to catching them on bucks, have to change it up until u find what works. then figure it out all over again the next day.

If you go with the Blue Frog or Uncle Josh's swinging hook you might wanna upgrade the size hook also. The gap on the hooks they come with aren't very big. I fish them or the smiling Bills I make

View PostI dont like the hooks there pretty thin. I also feel like the dont glide through the water as they want to dig to the bottom.

Good to know. Thanks for the added info.