Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Charleston

Bad luck!

21 posts in this topic

So! The finance company does not send me a title. I am told to go to MVC and get a duplicate. I drive down there just now. Fill out the form only to find out my wife (co owner) needs to sign it AND the duplicate title is $60.

I leave to come home for Diane's signature and some guy backs into my Jeep.

Now the screw up by the finance comapny is going to cost me the $60 plus $400 deductible to get my Jeep fixed. The only saving grace is the damage to my Jeep is all in the urethane rear panel between the tail lights. The jive ass MO-FO with the cell phone in his ear lost the entire cross car tail light assy on his caddy. biggrin.gif

I swear nothing is ever done right anymore in NJ. How hard is it to hang onto a title?

View PostSorry bout the bad news.

But I don't see why if he hit you,why are you taking money out of your pocket?

Police say damage not over $500. I will get a copy of the report when available then get an estimate. If I have to I will go after his insurance.

View PostPolice say damage not over $500. I will get a copy of the report when available then get an estimate. If I have to I will go after his insurance.

The police are not body men.

They don't have a clue how much damage has occured...

Chris

View PostWhat kind of guy is this caddy owner?

If it is less than $500, you would think he would rather pay it then have you make a claim, no?

if his record is clean - one small claim isn't a big deal

View PostSo! The finance company does not send me a title. I am told to go to MVC and get a duplicate. I drive down there just now. Fill out the form only to find out my wife (co owner) needs to sign it AND the duplicate title is $60.

I leave to come home for Diane's signature and some guy backs into my Jeep.

Now the screw up by the finance comapny is going to cost me the $60 plus $400 deductible to get my Jeep fixed. The only saving grace is the damage to my Jeep is all in the urethane energy suspension bushings rear panel between the tail lights. The jive ass MO-FO with the cell phone in his ear lost the entire cross car tail light assy on his caddy. biggrin.gif

I swear nothing is ever done right anymore in NJ. How hard is it to hang onto a title?

thats sucks atleast the damage was just superficial

View Postnot sure if NJ is the same but in NY you can go online on the DMV site and order a duplicate title..fast and easy

This is NJ. It's more about the $60 bux than anything else. I went back today with the form and a check. Walked right up to the clerk. She had my new (duplicate) title in a matter of 3 minutes. I asked why a piece of paper like that is worth $60. She said, "have a nice day." biggrin.gif

Good,

Now take the receipt from the DMV, copy it, and send it too the finance company.

Ask for reimbursement due to their screw up.

Ya just might get it.

FILE in: Small claims court to pay your deductable. You will win no questions asked if the police report has it that the a**hole driving was on the cell phone and caused the accident.

Courts LOVE these cases. $$$biggrin.gif Guy may pay you dirrect (plus costs) to keep out of court.

If you haven't already, call your insurance company and tell them what happened. Get the police report asap and get your side of the story in before he gets his in.

If the guy backed into your vehicle while he was on the phone, he was at fault and his insurance co gets to fix your truck and he pays his deductible. Not you.

If the other driver did not receive a summons at the scene, it can only help you to file a citizen's complaint while you're at the P.D. picking up the report.

View PostSo! The finance company does not send me a title. I am told to go to MVC and get a duplicate. I drive down there just now. Fill out the form only to find out my wife (co owner) needs to sign it AND the duplicate title is $60.00

Bummer,

Been married 39 years now - titled anything that needed one in my name only - makes things so much simpler - she will get it all at the end of the ride anyway, you can count on that - just a thought cwm40.gif