biggest heavyweight fight of all time?

Rate this topic

Otter

make believers, the thing that made prime tyson so dangerous wasnt just his power, which both of these guys posses if not moreso, it was his head movement and counters. he never got hit early in his career and could roll like a welterweight, extremely elusive for a big guy and his defense was as much a part of his success as anything. now i dont know if you guys get out much, but when a 300 pound cornfed viking leans on you thats kind of nullified. sure he'd have a punchers chance, but would soon become lesnars prom date and he, too, would smell of teh ham

confirmed problematic

Good wrestlers always beat boxers in MMA.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

View PostI've was a boxing fan 15-20-35 years ago when the heavy weight, light heavy weight had exciting fighters. I saw all the Ali-Frazier, Ali-Forman fights. Remember Ernie Shavers, Leon Spinks, Tex Cobb, George Clooney, Larry Holmes, Ron Lyle and Ken Norton.

how could anyone not love Bob heart.gif

I have to admit heavyweight boxing is not what it used to be, however i cant watch the UFC stuff.....just not my cup of Tea...

BTW Bob, I actually drove up to Lancaster once with one of my freinds way back when we were in HS to watch Cooney (the great white hope) spar.

I can still remember it to this day icon14.gif

I saw the cooney/holmes fight at Franklin Field, back in the day before PPV in your home. The holmes fans around us were a riot. When clooney hit holmes in the nuts, one of said 'oh, that jarred his kinfolk back in Africa. When holmes clocked cooney and he went stumbling across the ring, one guy gets out of his seat, says 'lookit jerry run!' and proceeds to run up the steps like a stumbling drunk. cwm27.gif

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

View PostI saw the cooney/holmes fight at Franklin Field, back in the day before PPV in your home. The holmes fans around us were a riot. When clooney hit holmes in the nuts, one of said 'oh, that jarred his kinfolk back in Africa. When holmes clocked cooney and he went stumbling across the ring, one guy gets out of his seat, says 'lookit jerry run!' and proceeds to run up the steps like a stumbling drunk. cwm27.gif

That brings back memories. I remember as a kid watching it with my dad and Uncle. I think it was at some high school and everytime Holmes hit Cooney all the Holmes fans would yell "Thats a Fact".cwm27.gif

Great.....beers.gif

MMA NEWS "Randy Couture: "If Brock Can Make It A Wrestling Match, He Has A Chance of Winning" on BJPENN.COM:

MMA News via j71: If this turns into a wrestling match....Imma be very disapointed.

I wanna see someone (Brawk in particular) Knocked out cold....If it happens the other way.....At least its not a wrestling match......sheesh.

Otter, you might appreciate this....cwm27.gif At least the HAM part.....

From random stranger on innanetzz....

Brock is no fun to watch. He has no style and no form. The only reason why he wins is because he is a freak of nature with fists the size of christmas hams. Everyone in the UFC works their entire life to master their skill and Brock comes in and just lays on top of people and hammerfists. That's no way to win a belt against the best in the world and be proud of it. I wish he would get the **** out of the UFC

That depends if the viking can take a pop on the chin. I've seen some very large guys get floored by guys half their size in bar fights. All it takes is a split second and it's over. And I guarantee I've been out more than you.

View Postmake believers, the thing that made prime tyson so dangerous wasnt just his power, which both of these guys posses if not moreso, it was his head movement and counters. he never got hit early in his career and could roll like a welterweight, extremely elusive for a big guy and his defense was as much a part of his success as anything. now i dont know if you guys get out much, but when a 300 pound cornfed viking leans on you thats kind of nullified. sure he'd have a punchers chance, but would soon become lesnars prom date and he, too, would smell of teh ham