Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SG1

First Annual MITOBI unofficial Fluke Event…..

2 posts in this topic

So I have a thought....

Who wants to get in on an unsponsored, unregulated, unofficial kayak fishing fluke tourney with very few rules and not much to gain except for a good time with some great people?

The concept:

We have a "captains" meeting on a Friday night. Since there are no real rules, it's really just an excuse to hangout, eat, drink & BS... Then Saturday morning, you fish from sunrise till noon anywhere from Manasquan Inlet TO Barnegat Inlet (MITOBI..... get it??) Then we meet back to have a weigh-in/ measuring ceremony and a few more refreshments...

I've got a deck, grill, bathroom and outdoor shower in the middle (Lavallette) for the pre and post events, you are on your own for parking, transport, accommodations and whatever...

Could be CPR or Kill, your choice. Biggest issue I see is summer traffic and parking. I'd like to do it Friday & Sat Aug 20 & 21..... What do you think? I'd really like to see a good mix of newbies and sharpies that are willing to learn and share. Anyone interested? We only need a few to make it happen.

Sounds like a good one...

Those are fresh waters for my kayak so if I could tag along I would be down....Next month is when I will start exploring the water behind IBSP.