Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
njemt

Fluke setup

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I'm a new user here and need some advice on a new/old fluke set up. I have a Penn Captiva CV5000 spinner and am looking to get a new more sensitve rod than my Ugly Stick thats on it now. Any thoughts on a Tsunami Airwave model TSAWIS-701MH?

Also I wanted to put a braided line on it, like Power Pro...any thoughts on line weight and brand?

Thanks for the input.

Frank

I do have a couple of each of these rods. While the Airwave is a nice light weight rod, I do not find it any more or less sensative.

I have a couple ANDE Tournament Graphite rods. I got them from DICKs, not expensive, maybe 30 - 40 +- bucks. These are hands down the most sensative rods I own in the same $$$ range as the Uglystick and Airwave.

CW

I love my high end rods for plugging but when it comes to fluke, I have yet to find a high end rod that can compare to my 8 ft tica. I honestly believe this is the most sensitive rod on the market. I find it easy to read the structure through the rod much better. The best part is its a sub $100.00 rod. I have it paired with a Shimano Stradic 5000 fh. The model of the rod is UEHA524401S