Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian

Usps

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Ordered an item on Monday and still haven't rec'd it yet. Got the tracking number from customer service at the company I ordered it from and it's showing that the Post Office delivered it on Thursday even though no package came to my door (I was home on Thursday and would have known)! Never had this happen before with the post office- what's the operation here? Does the company I shipped it from send me replacement items and they file the claim with the post office or do I have to shell out another $100?!?!?!? Money's tight right now so I know that's likely not an option anytime soon! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Call the postmaster in your town and have him ask your mail carrier about the package. I would do this as soon as possible. Could have been a relief carrier since it is the start of the vacation season. Good luck.

Hopefully your package was insured. If not, try to get the order reshipped by the company you purchased from. UPS has a minimum $100.00 inurance and .50 cents for each additional $100.00 I don't thnk USPS has a minimum insurance and must be specified and purchased beforehand.

View PostOrdered an item on Monday and still haven't rec'd it yet. Got the tracking number from customer service at the company I ordered it from and it's showing that the Post Office delivered it on Thursday even though no package came to my door (I was home on Thursday and would have known)! Never had this happen before with the post office- what's the operation here? Does the company I shipped it from send me replacement items and they file the claim with the post office or do I have to shell out another $100?!?!?!? Money's tight right now so I know that's likely not an option anytime soon! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Can't you buy door mats locally?

Maybe it was delivered to the post office on Thursday, not your house. Be careful about how you deal with this situation Brian. They don't refer to the act of people going insane as "going postal" for nothing.cwm31.gifcwm31.gif

**** me; this is the response I got from the company:

"Brian,

You will need to contact your local post office branch, they should be able to help better since they are the responsible party after the delivery is confirmed by them. Do you live in an apartment? I have seen before the apartment office hold packages."

I'm going to be calling the PO tomorrow anyway, but it sounds like they're already trying to play the blame game with me. If they do that, I'm going to be hammering them here and some other places.

Hicksville USPS lost my kid's VERY CRITICAL medication (from Medco) for 2 weeks. Fortunately MedCo sent me a free 3 month's supply AND said that if and when the other package arrived (it finally did) I wouldn't have to pay for it. So, we got 6 month's worth for free. This is one case where I'm glad the moronic USPS effed up.