Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swoll Eggroll

Shimano carbon knob

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

If someone has this knob, would you mind weighing it and telling me how many grams it is? I'd like to compare to see how much less it weighs than my jigging master knob.

I tried googling and searching on SOL with no luck.

I don't have a scale to weigh the difference in the two. I do have both and would say that the Shimano carbon fiber knob is slightly lighter in weight than the Jigging Master. Not by much though. The carbon fiber knob is bigger in diameter too.

Hopefully someone else will be able to give you a more exact answer.

View PostI don't have a scale to weigh the difference in the two. I do have both and would say that the Shimano carbon fiber knob is slightly lighter in weight than the Jigging Master. Not by much though. The carbon fiber knob is bigger in diameter too.

Hopefully someone else will be able to give you a more exact answer.

Thanks for trying... Can you tell me what mm JM knob you are comparing the CF one to? My JM knob is the 40mm one and weighs 36 grams.

I only have the aluminum Jigging Master knobs. Two of them are the 45mm and are listed on their parts diagram as 39gms. The third one I have is a different style that I don't think they sell anymore and have no idea on the weight of that one. I just pulled the carbon fiber knob off the stella to compare with one of the Jigging Master aluminums. Very, very close in weight so you may be equal with the 40mm in weight.

View PostIf someone has this knob, would you mind weighing it and telling me how many grams it is? I'd like to compare to see how much less it weighs than my jigging master knob.

I tried googling and searching on SOL with no luck.

It's very light at approx 20 grams......confirmed by a respected JDM dealer with whom I do business.