Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jaamms

wtb Slammer 560/Baitrunner8000D

7 posts in this topic

Ha looks like I should just pm you from now on Dan, I'm going to wait until the rod gets here and for next week's paycheck to make a decision, but I'll definitely be considering it, I assume the reel can't fit in the tube? And did you ever fish the two together?

Yep, I was a bit of a tackle addict for a while. I have a couple more Lami's, a Loomis or two and a few more reels that I'd like to sell. Are you planning on mostly plugging or fishing bait with the Lami? If you're going to fish bait, I have an Emblem Pro that would work well. If you're going to plug, I'd stick with the Slammer.

I'll check tomorrow and see if the reel will fit in the tube. Maybe with the handle backed off it will, but I doubt it. It's worth a try. I have used them together, it's been a while, but as I recall the balance was about perfect. I'll mount the 560 on the Lami and check it out, just to make sure.

Here are some pics. I believe the reel is loaded with 17# Suffix I believe I used it once drifting eels from a friend's boat in the DE Bay. The balance point is a few inches from the reel stem on the fore grip. It feels good to me, I like to grip to fore grip when I retrieve. If there are any marks on the reel at all they are very minor and superficial. It is a nice combo.525

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0