Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IowaJosh

Do many FF's not read bottom in less than 3'?

2 posts in this topic

I was reading the manual for the piranhamax and it said it wouldn't read the bottom in less than 3'. The manual for the cuda 300 said nothing similar. Is it an exaggeration? I like other things the HB has more like the different ways it can show the bottom and the quick disconnect bit. But I go into shallow water a lot and it's turbid enough you can't see bottom so I end up motoring around watching the graph.

The rivers around me are shallow, maybe 10' is a deep spot. Connected by shallow runs of 2-4' with mostly mud bottom. I can't imagine spending a lot of $ would really do any good?

So no, it's not for a kayak but I figured you guys would have more experience with these finders than others. Thanks.

View PostI was reading the manual for the piranhamax and it said it wouldn't read the bottom in less than 3'. The manual for the cuda 300 said nothing similar. Is it an exaggeration? I like other things the HB has more like the different ways it can show the bottom and the quick disconnect bit. But I go into shallow water a lot and it's turbid enough you can't see bottom so I end up motoring around watching the graph.

The rivers around me are shallow, maybe 10' is a deep spot. Connected by shallow runs of 2-4' with mostly mud bottom. I can't imagine spending a lot of $ would really do any good?

So no, it's not for a kayak but I figured you guys would have more experience with these finders than others. Thanks.

Seems like you do not need a sounder, You appear to know it well already.