Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PierAfficionado

24inch eva

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Anyone know where to get 24inch mooseskin? Just need black in 3/4 ID. Only place I knew before was Johnnyspond but seems they got out of the rod building picture and can't easily find it, so if anyone knows a source thanks.

B40 has / had 24" Custon Grip blocks but it wasn't drilled. Do you have a lathe that would enable you to turn a 24" grip? If so you can bond 2 12" pieces together w/ Weldbond contact cement and turn it to the diameter you want. If you're using black you'll barely see the seam.

I'm out of the 24" pieces of foam, and I dont' even have any straight 3/4" ID pieces, all I got is 41" 5/8 > 3/4" ID EVA. WHat G should do is get 2 straight pieces of 14" or 16" EVA, and contact cement them together to make it the length he wants. DOne properly the seam is next to invixible.

If I remember correctly, the 24" Mooseskin I got from Merrick a long time ago was nothing more than 2 12" pieces glud together. I could be wrong though, but I think thta is why I stoppd getting it. IT's not readily avaialble because there is no demand for it to make it worth ordering 1,000's of pieces at a time.