Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Strike King

Wildwood

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I just fished that area today...LOL

YES, Sudsy I live just about in the middle of NJ hour from WW and hour to Belmar..

PM me and ill try and give you some info..

Joe

myself and another member Courtesy Flush fish the North Wildwood area almost all summer. I only know of one or two other guys on this whole forum that fish there though...kooky.gif

The front beaches of Wildwood are pretty much a waste of time during tourist season. In the spring or fall, you might see some fish passing through but there is no structure to hold fish. When I was a kid, we caught fish off the first tee of the fishing pier. The beach has filled in so bad that despite being extended several times, the end of the pier is now 100 yards from the water.

If you're willing to hop in a car and drive a bit, you'll have a better shot at catching some fish by heading to inlets or Cape May.

View PostGoing to be in wildwood all next week and am going to be hitting the surf hard all week.

Haven't seen many reports of stripers... anybody been cathing?

Thanks

Hey if your down tonight stop at Woodys 18th and NJ on the corner I'm playin music there tonight.They'll be some guy's there who can point you in the right direction.

FCbiggrin.gif

I've been going for 40 years on family Vaca and the beach will produce Spot Kings small blues and short striper you can fish till about 10 am then you get chucked and do what ever the wife wants.

A friend is letting us use their place at a camp ground next weekend. I have never fished Wildwood and after reading the posts, have pretty much decided to go fish elsewhere. Is there any stretches of beach open to fishing all the time or is 10 am your wife's fishing closure time.

My parents stay in Wildwood Crest every summer. Last year (end of sept) my brother and I did pretty good in the area. Go to my profile and look at my threads, I had a thread with good info. Stop at Jim's Bait & Tackle when you cross the bridge into Cape May, they will point you in the right direction.

I live down there in the summer. The guys down here did well here for Stripers in the Spring, but the summer it is a complete wasteland. I would head to the Cape May Jetty or Stone Harbor for better fishing in the summer. Whatver you do, do not go to the seawall in N.Wildwood, unless you plan to lose a **** load of tackle.