Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
minivin5

6-18 report..

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Went out this morning, sanibel/ captiva. Was nice, got out there around 530, tarpon were rolling, bait was everywhere. greenback and threadfins is what i saw. I threw a popper and swimmer till 20 minutes after sun up... just a couple swirls, no commitment. Switched to pencils and much of the same, as I was changing to a t-hex, I saw the strangest thing ever, it was about 5-6 feet in length and was in a constant serpentine "S" patternconfused.gif. It swam straight in at me then made a baring towards the north. I was about 60-70 feet from the shore and moved at a quick walking pace. I threw the 2oz t-hex at it a couple times trying to get any kind of hit or foul hook, I got resistance twice but nothing solid. What I could see was 2 fins above the water, about 3 feet apart each other. Anyone ever seen anything like this beforeheadscratch.gif. The other strange thing was after the sun came up, I could see that i was wading in thigh deep water filled with jelly fishcwm31.gif, i didnt get stung thoughhighfive.gif. Also on a side note if you do decide to go out in the area, there were more 8"-1.5' sting rays resting right in the wash that I have seen in years. I got 32 to move out of my way on my 2 mile jaunt.

Here are a couple cell picts of this morning..

i was in ft myers which is right next to sanibel and the snook were all over the place at the beaches. you could sight fish them near big schools of bait. throw a small white rapala xrap with a 40 lb floro leader and there all yours.