Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thebay

Same Fish?????

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone here ever took strikes and felt that its the same fish because it seems to bite the same lure, same time, and same spot???

Im a lil frustrated, i've been fishing at this spot with the same lure either early morning or late afternoon and i get this same massive strike from my yo zuri sashimi bull..first time i took the strike it broke my mainline, second strike it broke my mainline, and third: i fought it for 15 secs. then spit??

ANYONE????????

It may have taken me three times, but I finally realized that is was the bar. smile.gif

However, once, while drifting for fluke, I set on a fish in what I believed was the same spot in which I earlier saw someone stuck on the bottom. After two quick, solid bumps after the set, I too felt that I had bottom. cwm40.gif I had always thought that it may have been a stargazer that buried into a good spot, under which the bay flow enters the inlet.

I could be wrong but I think it's probably a school of fish moving around the same piece of structure. I catch fish often in the same spot 1 after another and they are definitely all different fish.

Then again maybe sometimes it is the same fish. headscratch.gif

caught the same sea robin two days in a row, foul hooked it in the belly an ripped out the hook next day same general area here comes a sea robin with the same big gash in its stomach. on the other hand ive had small fluke near my feet hit the lure on repeated casts so perhaps it is the same fish

My buddy caught the same fluke within a few minutes. Same distinctive hole in its mouth from where he pryed the last hook out. Same size, weight... same fish! He must have really liked those gulp mullets...

im really curious to find out if it is the same fish but im super positive that its a GT because thats the only specie that lurks around that fishing spot capable of fighting like it did!!