Must READ! Lets say I break into your house

Rate this topic

fishstriper

View Postwhat constitutes lawful contact for a pedestrian?

what about a click it or ticket stop?

white guy WITH seatbelt on moves on,

Hispanic WITH seatbelt is asked for papers.

maybe it only adds 5 minutes onto his commute, but still, he's being exposed to higher scrutiny based on ethnic background.

I think the white guy would be asked for his ID and insurance and he doesn't have it then possibly get a ticket and asked to show up for court to prove he has a license. I also think the same thing would happen to a hispanic if he is legal.

Time is the sneakiest bastard you will ever meet.

sorry, the seat belt checks I have been thru have been during commuting hours,

cops on the side of the road visually inspecting that seat belts are on,

and waiving off those who didn't have them on.

I wasn't aware that some were run like DUI checkpoints with more invasive interaction.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

View PostI think the white guy would be asked for his ID and insurance and he doesn't have it then possibly get a ticket and asked to show up for court to prove he has a license. I also think the same thing would happen to a hispanic if he is legal.

I could be wrong, but this is where I think the cop can now arrest the hispanic

I am total agreement with the CA law that says once arrested you can chack and turn over to INS, - the point being there was a reason to arrest in the first place -

"... let it go - lets move forward."

View Post

I am total agreement with the CA law that says once arrested you can chack and turn over to INS, - the point being there was a reason to arrest in the first place -

^^^^Yep

What if the house in the OP has a sign that says, "Help Wanted: Break and Enter to Apply"?

That might be a better analogy.

sorry, the seat belt checks I have been thru have been during commuting hours,

cops on the side of the road visually inspecting that seat belts are on,

and waiving off those who didn't have them on.

There you go you just said it thay see you with out a seat belt they waive you to the side of the road and ask for ID.

View PostI could be wrong, but this is where I think the cop can now arrest the hispanic

I agree that is when they can be arrested.

When were they arrested with out probable cause.

Does everyone that sides with the illegals sleep with the doors to their house unlocked? Invite the homeless to crash on the couch? Why not?

Is leaving our Southern border wide open the same thing, only on a national scale?

Take a ride to Falcon lake in Texas, or try to drive through Organ Pipe National Park in Arizona, and when (if) you get back, let us know what you see.

Is what you will see?

It is estimated over 5,000 discarded backpacks are in this wash. Countless water containers, food wrappers, clothing, feces, including thousands of soiled baby diapers. And as you can see in this picture, fresh footprints leading right into it.

They've already come through here. Isn't Arizona just beautiful, America? Why would you boycott us??? Our desert has basically been turned into a landfill.

The trash left behind by people illegally crossing our border is another Environmental Disaster to hit the USA.

If these actions had been done in one of our Northwest Forests or Seashore National Parks areas, there would be an uprising of the American people.....but this is the Arizona-Mexican borderYou won't see these pictures on CNN, ABC, NBC or the Arizona Republic Repugnant newspaper. Nor will they mention the disease that comes from the uncovered human waste left in our desert.

However, with respect to CNN, ABC & NBC, they do offer us "Special Reports" on cheating celebrity spouses.... This information needs to be seen by the rest of the country.

mad.gifbeatin.gifmad.gifkooky.gifconfused.gif

View Post

There you go you just said it thay see you with out a seat belt they waive you to the side of the road and ask for ID.

except now maybe he sees a Hispanic driver WITH a seatbelt on,

but is suspicious he is an illegal. The law REQUIRES him to pull the hispanic over, and thus the hispanic driver is subject to more hassle than a white driver, which is EXACTLY what I said in the first post reguarding seat belts.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

View PostI don't think that would happen. He n eeds probable cause

no he doesn't,

he needs suspicion during a lawful encounter,

seat belt check = lawful encounter,

suspicion = judgement call.

so no,

in fact the law would REQUIRE him to check should he be suspicious.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

View Postno he doesn't,

he needs suspicion during a lawful encounter,

seat belt check = lawful encounter,

suspicion = judgement call.

so no,

in fact the law would REQUIRE him to check should he be suspicious.

Same thing if you where driving down the road and the officer looked at you and thought that you where not wearing a seat belt and decides to pull you over and when he get's to the car and notices that you have your seat belt on.

He was Suspicious and a Judgement call right?

View PostThe law REQUIRES him to pull the hispanic over, and thus the hispanic driver is subject to more hassle than a white driver, which is EXACTLY what I said in the first post reguarding seat belts.

The law does NOT REQUIRE this.

"One of the greatest delusions of the world is the hope that the evils of this world are to be cured by legislation."
Thomas B. Reed 1886

View PostThe law does NOT REQUIRE this.

But, but, but..

It must say that in the parts you haven't read,

I know that in the parts I have not read, it says all kinds of stuff. The parts I missinterprit or read wrong say it discriminates against all brown people, including whites with deep sun-tans.

If being stupid got us into this mess, how come being stupid can't get us out?
I don't want to behave improperly, so I just won't behave at all.