fishstriper

Must READ! Lets say I break into your house

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

A lady wrote the best letter in the editorials

in ages!!! It explains things better than all

the baloney you hear on TV.

Her point:

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Arizona is addressing the issue of illegal immigration.

525Certain people are angry that

the US might protect its own

borders, might make it harder

to sneak into this country and,

once here, to stay indefinitely.

525Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.Let's say I break into your house.Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave.

But I say, 'No! I like it here.

It's better than my house. I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors. I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working And honest

(except for when I broke into your house)

According to the protesters:

You are Required to let me stay in your house.

You are Required to feed me. You are Required to add me to your family's insurance plan. You are Required to educate my kids. You are Required to provide other benefits to me & to my family.My husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHTto be there.

525It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working and honest, person, except for well, ]you know, I did break into your house and what a deal it is for me!!!

I live in your house, contributing only a

fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold,

uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and ]bigoted behavior.

525Oh yeah, I DEMAND that you learn

MY LANGUAGE!!! o you can communicate with me.

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is? Only in America ! If you agree, pass it on Share it if you see the value of it

If not blow it off.........

along with your future Social Security funds, and a lot of other things

great, but we aren't talking about private property

this is not a debate about illegals

it is a debate about the fourthr amendment, innocent collateral damage, seperation of state and federal powers, holding everyone accountable (including the tax cheats that helped create the problem) and reasonable solutions to a complicated problem.

If it wasn't for the illlegals we wouldn't be having these issues.

As for the fourth admendment it's the protesters that are using it to say they (illegals ) are being saerched with out probable cause.

????

View PostIf it wasn't for the illlegals we wouldn't be having these issues.

As for the fourth admendment it's the protesters that are using it to say they (illegals ) are being saerched with out probable cause.

????

I don't think ANYONE is making that an issue,

I think the issue is that being hispanic makes you suspicious and subject to interogation by law enforcement.

do you have any evidence that people who object to this law

(US citizens that is, I am sure illegals object to EVERY attempt to secure our borders) are doing so because they don't want illegals searched?

View PostI don't think ANYONE is making that an issue,

I think the issue is that being hispanic makes you suspicious and subject to interogation by law enforcement.

(US citizens that is, I am sure illegals object to EVERY attempt to secure our borders) are doing so because they don't want illegals searched?

I've come to the conclusion that you make your replies only to stir up guys like me. There is NO WAY that you can believe half the crap you post. NO ONE, well hardly anyone, can be that pathetically naive. So, good job on the pot stirring. Maybe one day you'll do a mea culpa and tell us what you really think.

In the meantime I've decided not to argue your points because I was taught a long time ago not to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

View Postgreat, but we aren't talking about private property

this is not a debate about illegals

it is a debate about the fourthr amendment, innocent collateral damage, seperation of state and federal powers, holding everyone accountable (including the tax cheats that helped create the problem) and reasonable solutions to a complicated problem.

Tell that to the wife of that dead rancher that those illegal aliens shot.

View PostI've come to the conclusion that you make your replies only to stir up guys like me. There is NO WAY that you can believe half the crap you post. NO ONE, well hardly anyone, can be that pathetically naive. So, good job on the pot stirring. Maybe one day you'll do a mea culpa and tell us what you really think.

In the meantime I've decided not to argue your points because I was taught a long time ago not to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifhighfive.gifhighfive.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

Does everyone that sides with the illegals sleep with the doors to their house unlocked? Invite the homeless to crash on the couch? Why not?

Is leaving our Southern border wide open the same thing, only on a national scale?

Take a ride to Falcon lake in Texas, or try to drive through Organ Pipe National Park in Arizona, and when(if) you get back, let us know what you see.

View Postpig pile on FnM!

it's easier to throw stupid insults than to respond rationally.

I am not concerned with how this law effects illegals,

I am worried about how it effects US Citizens....

and that it will target Hispanic citizens unfairly.

but I guess it's easier to just claim I am lying about that,

rather than actually debate the issue......

meanwhile those who throw out insults at me also have the balls to suggest I am the pot stirrer.

View PostI don't think ANYONE is making that an issue,

Racial profiling I agree it could happen.

Never asked. Do you have evidence?

I am all for the this law are you?

I am not concerned with how this law effects illegals,

I am worried about how it effects US Citizens....

and that it will target Hispanic citizens unfairly.

I agree.

I agree.

How do you think they will get treated unfairly/

View Post

How do you think they will get treated unfairly/

there is a thread titled "from the locked thread" or something like that, where I posted a LOT on the topic.

from what I gleened from the law, law enforcement officers will be REQUIRED to check citizenship status on individuals they encounter who they suspect as being illegals.

this seems to me that the LOGICAL result of this law will be that Hispanics who ARE US citizens will be required to prove it. Which means if they leave their homes without ID, they might be subject to detention etc. until they prove who they are. It seems unAmerican to me.

not sure why anyone feels this position is but a ruse to support illegals,

especially because I have been pretty vocal about our illegal immigration problem.

from what I gleened from the law, law enforcement officers will be REQUIRED to check citizenship status on individuals they encounter who they suspect as being illegals.

this seems to me that the LOGICAL result of this law will be that Hispanics who ARE US citizens will be required to prove it. Which means if they leave their homes without ID, they might be subject to detention etc. until they prove who they are. It seems unAmerican to me.

For my understanding they are to check there status if they where to get pulled over or for some other probable cause.

Which might not be the case all the time.

As for leaving the house without ID

It would be he same thing if you leave your house with out a ID while driving and you get pulled over. When you tell the officer your name and he goes to check and while he was checking your name he gets a call on the raido, there was a robbery and the car description is the same description of what you where driving. They take you in until you can prove who you are.

Which would suck.

no, the wording of the law is lawfull encounter or something like that.

I'd be a bit happier if it at least mandated the check be as a result of a low level misdemeanor etc.

in this case jaywalking without ID on the way to the store will result in detention till you prove you are a citizen.

It just seems WAY too invasive for me. and runs contra to the principles our nation was founded upon.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0