Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kyjake

Daytona-Ormond Beach ICW

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Is the ICW around Daytona-Ormond Beach considered saltwater and cand it be fished with a saltwater license?If so how is the fishing?I keep a Florida saltwater license for fishing the gulf but the oil has ran me east.

Thanks,

Jake

Thats a huge area and you will run into freshwater if you yak around in the

back far enough..

But most is salt and your license will be fine, the fishing is just like anywhere, location

and time/tide will be a big factor.

Fish early in most places and google earth the area you want to fish, that

way you get to see a overhead view of the entire area,

you can find alot by doing this (dropoff/sand bars/inlands/shelfs)

Also mapquest it and do a bird eye view, that will also give you a better look

beers.gif

Thanks for the reply.I will get to do a little fishing from a yak as my son is bringing one over from Sanford.I looked at earth but couldn't tell much about it except some places-creeks that looked like they might be fresh water.Don't mind fishing the fresh water but want to stay within my license.If there are any mingo's around and can find some bait would like to catch enough of them for a dinner or if I can catch some baitfish would like to do some night fishing for redfish.This started out to be a trip for me and my two sons to see the Nascar race at Daytona but would like to check the area out for a possible fall trip of two to four weeks in the fall since it looks like we won't be going back to the gulf.We will be camping at Tomoka state park.

Thanks,

Jake

Tomoka state park is a great place to fish highfive.gif and as far as license go, just don't keep any freshwater

fish..FWC will only ticket you if you are fishing a freshwater area without a license(pond/lake/canal)...

if its brackist water you don't need to worry as long as you throw back the freshwater species..