Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KnotGuilty

wheres the etiquette?

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

Fished a certain river mouth last night around 9. When I showed up there were a few people wading in the water about 40 yards straight out from the mouth. Fine by me I thought, I would rather cast into the mouth and let my lure sweep through the current and end up in the ocean. On my 4th cast I hooked up with a decent fish. I brought it to shore and went to get my pliars. A total elapsed time of less than 1 minute. I look over my shoulder and people are headed to my spot. They even had the nerve to ask what I was using as they passed by mad.gif. They clearly watched me catch the fish and decided to creep on my spot. Even after they had taken my spot they went ahead and invited another guy to stand with them. This pushed me further down river away from where the fish were piled up limiting me to just a few seconds of my lure sweeping through the sweet spot. I'd also like to mention the fact that I did not go stand directly next to the guys who were there before me nor would I have if I saw them catching.... What the F*** is wrong with people? It's just plain ignorant to do stuff like that. They had an entire river and beach to fish and they took the spot where I was fishing. I suppose I could have stood right next to them but then it would have been a huge mess had I got one on. I still managed to catch 3 more and watched them loose several fish from my spot but the damage was done and I left because I wasn't having fun anymore. I really hope that it wasn't anyone from this forum that pulled a manuever like that... Sorry about the drawn out rant but I'm pissed off about it. People need to have some friggin respect beatin.gif . When I feel like fishing isn't fun anymore and I leave even though I'm catching you know it's just not right.

P.S. I was the guy wearing an orange jacket and I was with the guy that got impaled by a treble hook. Anyone out there last night and see that horrible display of etiquette and ignorance?

I'm gonna wager that I know where you were fishing. I've been mugged there in exactly the same way. Soon as I hooked up, within a minute or so I've got a guy to my right and another to my left. Each 15ft away.

To be honest, I haven't fished there since (2yrs ago) and now fish 100% exclusively from my boat. Boat fish might not count but my lowered blood pressure sure does.

MDM and David always do that to mecwm27.gif

I just plain don't fish around other people, unless its a plum island thing or a blitz or I know them.

View PostThe classic Mugging. Wait until combat fishing becomes popular.

Charleston,

It took all I had to not make combat fishing popular last night. I was very close to becoming the embassador of such an event.

I know what you're talking about Knot, that place is completely out of control this year, and thanks to the report boards at the local shops... hey I like the idea, but maybe send the googins somewhere else?

The other night my buddy counted 19 people in that spot- all you can do is lead by example, maintain a cool head, and watch your back for flying lures...

the unfortunate thing is it's the kind of spot that can't take that many bodies in one place- but what can you do? except to find your own spots and not tell anyone what you're doing...

View PostMDM and David always do that to mecwm27.gif

I just plain don't fish around other people, unless its a plum island thing or a blitz or I know them.

My Beach My Fish My Chicks Go Home!!!!

I can't imagine having 19 people down there at one time, especially in the dark. Even if you line up and fish properly, I think 5 - 10 people lined up along the entire outlfow is pushing it bigtime. More importantly, the times I have been mugged, the person who mugs me doesen't understand the concept of close quarters fishing.. ie.. if the guy is fishing a mambo minnow next to you and he was there first, don't throw a jig and expect not to get a dirty look.

As far as I have seen the other river mouths around are producing in the same manner in that one, but every time I'm in the tackle shop (not real often) someone took a 40 incher on a plug you know where...

I say, find another place to fish (that should be read with a positive spin) and let the bent rod fisherman follow the reports and the bent rods.

Keeps them out of my hair after dark.

Wasn't there last night, or any night for that matter this season, that place is a cluster f*&%, it's gotten worse

the last few years, and I don't see it getting any better any time soon.

As others have mentioned, the net, word of mouth, and bait shop all add to the zoo like atmosphere out there.

If you plan to fish there, make sure you have all your gear on you, I don't leave anything on the sand.

One time, me and two buddies are all together, up at the point. I get a fish, and back out a little bit to un-hook

it (it's night time), only to look up and see some ass clown mooch in on my spot. I went right back to my spot, looked at

the dude, and he didn't even say a thing, just kept throwing his swim shad into the drink. I just shook my head in disgust,

I left shortly thereafter.

There are plenty of other spots to fish that contain 40+ inch fish, that ins't the only place. Bummer about the treble hook,

hope it wan't too bad of an impalement.

i would have kept walking had I showed up and saw that...hell, i saw 6 there last weekend and kept walking.

screw that....it's not the only place with fish.

i worked too hard for my parking to deal with 6+ guys down there.

View PostMDM and David always do that to mecwm27.gif

When are you going to fish with us John. Time to put all that make up and girly clothing away for the summer and pick up the plugging rod. How about this evening?