Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Charlie Dissinger

any help?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

This sunday i am going down to fenwick island for four days, staying at a place just north of ocean city. i have not caught anything at fenwick island, but i am a very experianced surf fisherman. and ideas on whats biting, what to bring, what bait or lures to use, and where and at what time to fish?

Any info would be of much help.

thanks

I'd bring 3 types of outfits.

*Light rod - rig it with a top/bottom rig, small hooks size 4 or so. Bait it with shrimp or bloodworms or peeler crab or small pieces of cut bait. For everything but the bloodworms I'd tip the bait with a piece of Fishbites Bag O' Worms ® Bloodworm. It helps keep soft baits on the hook and gives you bait if/when they strip your soft bait. On that outfit you can catch kingfish, croakers, spot or other panfish.

*Medium rod - rig it with a "mullet rig" found in local shops and bait it with a finger mullet for bluefish.

*Heavy rod - rig it with a fishfinder rig and a large circle hook with chunked fresh bunker or the head or chunks out of any panfish or bluefish you might catch. this will get you sharks (big sharks not dogfish) and the possible striper still hanging around.

I also might use a light rod rigged with a jig/soft plastic fish ie. fin-s-fish or gulp shad tipped with a strip bait and fish it behind the break for flounder.

Like any fishing early and late in the day are best for daylight hours but they can be caught anytime. The big sharks are by far best at dusk into the night but they too can be caught anytime.

Good luck and have fun.

smile.gif Who would of ever thought 8 years ago Plug would be giving baitfishing advice ....... earthquakes, volcano's, AIDS, the BP oil disaster, and Plug giving baitfishing advice: the end must be near!

He wanted advice on Fenwick Island so I gave it to him wise guy! smile.gif

Hey, been fishing with a piece of chicken breast off Lewes Beach lately?tongue.gif