Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HugeDinghy

non-slip material/paint

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

need something for the floor of my boat, gets slippery as hell...research comes up with a million different products..whats a good/relatively inexpensive option?

the guy who owned it prior to me put down marine plywood and glassed it..painted it with a marine paint that is now chipping and slippery by itself

You can get a good 1 part, like Petit easypoxy and mix the non slip grit in it, if you are looking to brush it.

There's also a vinyl sheet product called nautilex, that has a non slip texture to it. I used it years ago on a 17' that I had.You just glue it down, and it looks very nice.They sold it at West Marine.

View Postany idea on cost BB, we are only talking a 14'er here....

This is real easy. Durabak 18 from Cote-L Industries. Have done many decks with it and would never choose anything else. Very easy to apply, looks great, comes in many colors, UV protected, tough as nails, provides grip without making the surface so rough that you cut yourself if you fall. They use the stuff on the decks of freightliners and drag 10,000lb loads around on it.

Go with it and you will be very happy...Call the folks at Cote-L and they will be very helpful

Tight lines, Bob

For a CHEAP way, Buy a Bag of Silica sand about $6.00, (silica sand is an off white in color) Buy a gallon or so of marine grade white Paint,awl grip or what ever on sale, Paint a small section of deck 2 x 2ft , put some sand in a dustpan, now sort of sprinkle sand into wet paint, continue this method until all of deck has been done, let dry few hours/over night , sweep up loose sand and do procedure again to build up some non skid, probably two or three times will give you a nice rough texture, save sand for next time, or give to buddie or put in kids sand box, like i said it is cheap method , It worked on lot of Navy ships i served on.

HD, on the Cock Robin we use a product called "Skid No More" rubberized, durable, tintable, easy to apply and bulletproof....after nasty 90 degree days of baked on bluefish blood, we simply bleach and hose off, perfect!!

I used interdeck, high quality but dirt sticks like stink.

I wish I had left it alone and bought non slip shoes.

Everyone else can fall overboard as far as I care.smile.gif