Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crazybellringer

sunrise fishing strategy

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

The other day i was fishing before and after the sun came up. While it was dark I was fishing a black bomber and another black/purple plug. As the sun started to come up i switched to black with a silver bottom and once the sun was clear of the water i switched to yellow and school bus bomber and plugs. The plugs were gibbs and unkown.

My question is what would you do in this situation would you switch as the sun came up? if you had three plugs to throw in this time period what would they be and what color. Would you switch to bait after the sun was up for an hour?

The tide was an hour before high and the outgoing and it was a clear sky.

I like to switch up the lure all together when the sun starts to rise. If I have been fishing swimmers during the night I will switch to a spook at low light then to a pencil popper when the sun is higher up. An exception to that is if I am fishing Sluggos I will go from black to white. Catch em up..

I've done almost the exact same thing in the past. Except for the middle, or just as the sun is coming up I like to go with a Wonderbread/Pearl color. An hour after sunrise I'm usually done fishing, but if I am out when the sun is up, I like to stay with yellows, or natural colors like silver/blue/olive.

View PostI like to switch up the lure all together when the sun starts to rise. If I have been fishing swimmers during the night I will switch to a spook at low light then to a pencil popper when the sun is higher up. An exception to that is if I am fishing Sluggos I will go from black to white. Catch em up..

+1