The disrespect and person attacks in this forum have to end now

Rate this topic

Sudsy

Not just as a mod but also as a long time member and participant I find that what has recently become of this forum to be an embarrassment to the site

The personal attacks are going to end, and they are going to end now.

This is the one and only warning that is going to be issued.

Until everyone posting here starts treating their fellow fishermen, even the new guys, with respect, infractions are going to be handed out liberally.

If that doesn't work, people are going to be removed.

It's really very simple. Treat the person you are responding to the same way you would treat a friend and there will be no more problems.

Before anyone starts screaming SPOTBURN, read the sticky at the top of the reports thread.

For example, IBSP is NOT and has never been a spotburn. The park has 10 miles of shoreline, double the distance that is considered acceptable in a report or question.

A person asking if they can expect to catch a fish at IBSP should be respectfully answered - never attacked !

A person asking if they can catch fish at a specific beach on IBSP should be given a generic answer regarding the whole park. Let the mods know about the post and one of us will instruct the new person on the proper way to post regarding spots.

The same goes for all the other areas that have been designated in DaveC's post at the top of each report thread as acceptable for reports, such as NoMon, Sandy Hook, Raritan Bay, Barnagate Bay, SoMon, NoOcean.................

Last, it is the job of the moderators to take care of any issues and problems that arise. Rather then attacking the person, please hit the report button and it will be taken care of quickly.

As a fellow member I want to be able to enjoy reading this forum again.

As a mod I request your consideration and help in keeping this forum a fun place to go to.

Thank you.

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

Thank you.............now bring out the Hatchet. icon24.gif

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

You got it, I have my finger on the detonator.

As a bonus, my truck is busted, effin kid cut me off, when I slammed on my brakes a front leaf spring snapped.

Now I'm trapped like a rat in a cage until next week when the shop can get to it and I'm PO'd about the whole situation.

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

Thanks for throwing down the gauntlet, Suds.

Things have really gone downhill since I joined way back in 2004. Too many of the newer members have shown little respect or inclination for respect toward fellow posters.

It used to be fun to post reports but I don't even bother anymore lest it gets misconstrued. The snide skepticism of a rare picture I posted a couple days ago of a fish caught the other day is a perfect illustration of how much things have gone wrong in the reports threads.

clapping.gifclapping.gif

Bring back the respect and class and maybe some of the past contributors will show up again.

Go get em Sudsbeatin.gif

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

WTG Sudsyclapping.gif

It will interesting to see if the same few people will commit"Forum suicide" and continue with their antagonistic comments!

On a sidenote,with your truck,if you had kept going the kid would've been a "bump" on the road biggrin.gif

can someone tell me exactly where to stand at shark river for a big fish? I work full time, have a wife and two kids and I dont have time to go down and take a look.. so, if someone can tell what time tonite they are biting, what bait or lure to use, which way to cast, etc, Id appreciate it.. in fact, if someone could go down there, start casting and call me when you hook up, hold the fish on the line and and wait for me to reel it in, Id appreciate it..

This also goes for any other spot.. I just dont have time.. Ill PM my phone number, just call me when you hook up and Ill be right down to reel it in..

thanks men!!

BC

"The kids they dance and shake thier bones and the politicians throwing stones. singing ashes, ashes all fall down"

Please.....start with all the gang bangers......they can't catch anyway.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"