Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koofy Smacker

Caught my First Musky!

25 posts in this topic

Went up to my lake tonight with a buddy and after 2 hours we still have no fish, (one nice one broke my braided line at the knot), so I decided to throw on a black spinnerbait. First cast and I feel a nice tug, see a big fish flash right by my lure and I get all jittery cuz I know its a fish I've wanted for a long time. After a few nice runs, I get it to the boat and as im grabbing it to boat it, it flops off my hook and into the water. So no pics unfortunately. but none the less, since I touched it, I think it counts. It was about 24-26 inches, so no monster but definitely not tiny. Anyway, I'm pumped so I thought I would let my fellow SOL'ers know of my trials and tribulations. smile.gif

Sweet! Sometimes those are the kind of "almost catches" that really motivate you to fish harder, and stay in your mind longer than those you actually do completely land.

I can think of 4 that I've had boatside and not managed to land that I still get excited about...

I never thought I would actually catch one since I always hear about how "elusive" they are even though I always see them. Aint no more eluding me little muskys, here I come! BTW PetePA will know exactly where I was wink.gif

highfive.gif way to go Koofy !!! and yes I know where. In fact I probably know that musky on a first name basis .. I think he bit thru my mono at least once while I'm fishing for bass.. his name rhymes with smother chucker cwm27.gif

... Koofy it definately counts as a catch when you touch the fish.. touching the line within 2 feet of the fish is good enough for a marlin release so thats my guideline tongue.gif ... word is spreading amongst the muskies in the lake as we speak .. be afraid muskies and beware the Koofy comethcwm31.gif

View Posthighfive.gif way to go Koofy !!! and yes I know where. In fact I probably know that musky on a first name basis .. I think he bit thru my mono at least once while I'm fishing for bass.. his name rhymes with smother chucker cwm27.gif

... Koofy it definately counts as a catch when you touch the fish.. touching the line within 2 feet of the fish is good enough for a marlin release so thats my guideline tongue.gif ... word is spreading amongst the muskies in the lake as we speak .. be afraid muskies and beware the Koofy comethcwm31.gif

Its kinda cool how now I have caught Pike, Pickeral and Musky.. Nobody I know personally can say that.

View PostIts kinda cool how now I have caught Pike, Pickeral and Musky.. Nobody I know personally can say that.

What's left in the Escox family? A grass pickeral, a redfin pickeral and an Amur pike and you'd complete the Esox grandslam

View PostIts kinda cool how now I have caught Pike, Pickeral and Musky.. Nobody I know personally can say that.

well you know me sort of and I can say that biggrin.gif ... way more pike but all 3 under my belt