Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TJC

custom 704 rotor cup

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Really Happy With The Way This One Came Out !! Has Some Of The Best Parts From All 3 Reels. Thanks For All Your Help Lion Your The Penn Master..

TJC,

How wide are your slots that you drilled if you don't mind me asking. I removed the bail wire mount on the one that I was working on too and love the look. Beautiful balanced appearance to yours!

RLs

rhody, you don't really need to rebalance.  the kit has a small fitting that takes care of that.  also, on my custom one where i cut the bail wire off.  it didn't throw the balance off.  hope this help. -mike.

Canalmadman, I was thinking of actually grinding off the bail wire post altogether, where that piece from the kit is supposed to get screwed into. It looks like in the picture above, this reel has had the same thing done. if you look opposite the manual pickup arm, there is no bail wire post with that thing screwed in. It will give the rotor a nice look, without having that useless post on the other side, but after removing all that metal, and not using the counterweight from the kit, the rotor cup will probably be out of balance. Probably will need to experiment with pouring some lead in a couple of the compartments on the bottom of the cup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhodyFisher View Post

Canalmadman, I was thinking of actually grinding off the bail wire post altogether, where that piece from the kit is supposed to get screwed into. It looks like in the picture above, this reel has had the same thing done. if you look opposite the manual pickup arm, there is no bail wire post with that thing screwed in. It will give the rotor a nice look, without having that useless post on the other side, but after removing all that metal, and not using the counterweight from the kit, the rotor cup will probably be out of balance. Probably will need to experiment with pouring some lead in a couple of the compartments on the bottom of the cup.

ok got what you're saying now.  nice idea.  that will deffinately look awesome.  i just left mine in, too lazy. good luck with the build, make sure you post some pics.-mike.