Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldschool77

Way to botch things up AT+T...right when it mattered most.

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

I have been a somewhat happy customer for a few years but the more I use them the more I miss Verizon.

I have been patiently waiting to upgrade my 3G and AT+T's network takes a major crap screwing up my preorder and my charges and now stating they probably will not deliver my iPhone as promised next week. I can't even preorder a phone for my wife until the cluster **** gets fixed. They wouldn't let me buy one for her yesterday while I purchased one for myself.

Why does AT+T keep dropping the ball with the iPhone and not keeping up with the pace of Sprint/Verizon? Why have they had 4G tech for years but refuse to release a phone to exploit it? Why can't they straighten out their data bottlenecks and drama to deliver what they promise to their customers?

After seeing my friends 3GS's I have been dying to upgrade. The dropped calls, the faster chip, the whole 9 yards. Why isn't Steve Jobs kicking a mudhole in their collective ass?

I understand the demand was a whopping TEN TIMES the 3GS but lets be real here folks...they are raking in the dough and I want the same service Verizon has provided to me in the past.

I've been happy with AT&T and my iPhone for over a year but Apple really needs to start letting other companies sell their phone. I know lots of people who'd buy one if it wasn't required to use AT&T.

At&t is made in china.

Oh wait...wrong thread.

The droid is sleeker....Ahhh. Thats better.tongue.gif

View PostI've been happy with AT&T and my iPhone for over a year but Apple really needs to start letting other companies sell their phone. I know lots of people who'd buy one if it wasn't required to use AT&T.

true, but Att is stealing a bunch of verizon customers because of the Iphone. So Apple is still selling them either way.

wife got a 3gs today and I am getting 4 next week; "on the list" I told her there was a snowballs chance that I would get one next week with the demand, but we will see

I have been reading that the pre-sales for the iphone turned in to a big disaster that they were not ready for. There were server issues and all kinds of craziness.

ATT really screwed up

curious to see how it turns out

They did sell 600,000 presales phones in one day though. crazy

View Post...AT&T is stealing a bunch of verizon customers because of the Iphone.

The only thing that kept me from an iPhone was AT&T. I didn't want to give up Verizon. But I did, and that was almost a year ago. I'm happy with my 3GS and the service. Now I have rollover minutes. What ever they are.

Verizon was about $60 a month. Now I'm dropping a bill.

View Posttrue, but Att is stealing a bunch of verizon customers because of the Iphone. So Apple is still selling them either way.

Why? I've used both, and I can say for sure, after using a Droid, I couln't imagine wanting an IPhone.

View PostI have been a somewhat happy customer for a few years but the more I use them the more I miss Verizon.

I have been patiently waiting to upgrade my 3G and AT+T's network takes a major crap screwing up my preorder and my charges and now stating they probably will not deliver my iPhone as promised next week. I can't even preorder a phone for my wife until the cluster **** gets fixed. They wouldn't let me buy one for her yesterday while I purchased one for myself.

Why does AT+T keep dropping the ball with the iPhone and not keeping up with the pace of Sprint/Verizon? Why have they had 4G tech for years but refuse to release a phone to exploit it? Why can't they straighten out their data bottlenecks and drama to deliver what they promise to their customers?

After seeing my friends 3GS's I have been dying to upgrade. The dropped calls, the faster chip, the whole 9 yards. Why isn't Steve Jobs kicking a mudhole in their collective ass?

I understand the demand was a whopping TEN TIMES the 3GS but lets be real here folks...they are raking in the dough and I want the same service Verizon has provided to me in the past.

The question of why is, why is this posted here?

Chris

AT&T has been slashing payroll, training and department budgets for years now. A lot of call center employees didn't even know about the new iphone or the pre-ordering. I am not in the industry but I talk to these people everyday and when I say I know more about what is going on there then they do, it scares me. The s**t that goes on at these big companies is friggin' amazing.kooky.gif

Other then droids feeling cheap/plastic to me the EVO is the only superior smartphone to me to a degree. AT+T just seems to scramble at every turn.

Side note the iPhone will never be on Verizon due to the different signals they run on. I read on Gizmodo it will never happen.