Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gotcow?

The best lines from Obama's speech.

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

This is what passes for leadership and forward vision.

Obama quote: Instead, what has defined us as a nation since our founding is the capacity to shape our destiny, our determination to fight for the America we want for our children. Even if we're unsure exactly what that looks like, even if we don't yet precisely know how we're going to get there, we know we'll get there.

Translation: I don't know where I am, where I am going, how I will get there or what it will look like when we get there?

When you are lost any road will take you there.

This sounds like something you would write in 7th grade trying to take up the blank space at the bottom of the page to meet your assignment. This guy is downright embarrassing...

The sad part is that the America we want for our children is not in front of us, but behind us. The big zero's helter skelter bumbling leadership is taking us further from our goals instead of closer to them. It is the conservative America of the past that was the beacon of financial, military and moral strength in the world. Now we're on our way to being an embarrasing paper tiger that's banrupt in every sense of the word.

I don't bother listening to Barack Ob'embarrassing anymore - I put the TV on closed caption and mute the sound - it's the only way that I can take it without getting the urge to throw something at my TV and ruining it.

BTW, I highly recommend it - it cuts out the crappy fluff so that you can concentrate on the message. Had more people read what his visions were before the election, instead of being take in by his charming salesmanship, we wouldn't be where we are today.

Don't yah think a minimum requirement for being president would be to have an idea where you wanted to take the country? Seriously? No idea what it looks like or how to get there, but he'll know it when we arrive freak.gif

Absolutely frightening - how can someone lead when they have no idea where they are going? And more frightening - how can anyone follow someone that says they have no idea where they are going? bucktooth.gif

TimS

View PostDon't yah think a minimum requirement for being president would be to have an idea where you wanted to take the country? Seriously? No idea what it looks like or how to get there, but he'll know it when we arrive freak.gif

Absolutely frightening - how can someone lead when they have no idea where they are going? And more frightening - how can anyone follow someone that says they have no idea where they are going? bucktooth.gif

TimS

He is following a plan, Cloward and Piven as well as Saul Alinsky's plan...

He also has some Marx and Stalin in the mix. It's a stew of awesomeness!shakehead.gif

View PostDon't yah think a minimum requirement for being president would be to have an idea where you wanted to take the country? Seriously? No idea what it looks like or how to get there, but he'll know it when we arrive freak.gif

TimS

That would be great, but it's even simpler than that.

His only reason for addressing the country last night was to explain to the people how he was going to deal with the oil spill in the Gulf, and he couldn't even do that. Again, there is no plan!!!!! *** does the cap and trade bill have to do with the Gulf oil crisis!!!!!

*** does the cap and trade bill have to do with the Gulf oil crisis!!!!!

Agreed. The Lame Stream Media admitted that it was an attempt by the Obama Administration to make sure that no crisis goes unwasted. cwm13.gif

I felt the best line of the night was 'thank you, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America.' Everything before that was pretty much bull excrement. cwm13.gif

View Post.' Everything before that was pretty much bull excrement. cwm13.gif

apart from the bit where he said he would make BP pay for the clean up, and then this afternoon BP announces the escrow yeah ?

cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

View Postapart from the bit where he said he would make BP pay for the clean up, and then this afternoon BP announces the escrow yeah ?

cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

And even that was a probably a lie. The government can't make BP pay for the clean up, past a limit. More than likely BP offered the money and now Obama is taking credit for "demanding" it.cwm27.gif

View PostAnd even that was a probably a lie. The government can't make BP pay for the clean up, past a limit.

yes we know that. hence the money is in escrow until it is used and any funds left will be returned to BP.

you have to love the GOP stance on this - yesterday the escrow was not possible, but now the company caves under WH pressure on the UK, its " A LIE"...

too funny.