Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thebay

Stella 8000sw for Stella 8000fa?

15 posts in this topic

View PostI wanna let this thread run for a lil bit then if no one wants to trade then i might sell itsmile.gif

Sell it and buy the better SW. Who is gonna trade down? kooky.gif

View Postcwm27.gif How much you think i could get for a mint condition in box?

One sold yesterday with 2 spools, with braid and an extra power handle for $415 shipped...not exactly the $700 that you'll need to buy an SW but the guys got a point, no one is going to trade down frown.gifhttp://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...ghlight=stella

Is "mint condition" new, unfished or really good shape? I'd pay $325 for yours...

View PostOne sold yesterday with 2 spools, with braid and an extra power handle for $415 shipped...not exactly the $700 that you'll need to buy an SW but the guys got a point, no one is going to trade down frown.gifhttp://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...ghlight=stella

Is "mint condition" new, unfished or really good shape? I'd pay $325 for yours...

I saw that post, but that guy who bought it actually scored, and $325 is too low

You can get 450 or so which is a pretty good thing being the FA's were on clearance last year for the same price. IMO keep it the SW isnt much better, if you were targeting 300lb tuna id say go for it. JMO

View PostYou can get 450 or so which is a pretty good thing being the FA's were on clearance last year for the same price. IMO keep it the SW isnt much better, if you were targeting 300lb tuna id say go for it. JMO

Do you think targeting fish in the 80-100 lb range would be ok for the stella FA?

View PostDo you think targeting fish in the 80-100 lb range would be ok for the stella FA?

good luck finding them...haven't heard of a blue fin taken that has been under 60" yet cwm31.gif . I think this reel would do fine with a 150-200lb fish if you're lucky enough to find 1 or 2 in a season but it wouldn't last on a charter boat like an SW would - imho.

View PostDo you think targeting fish in the 80-100 lb range would be ok for the stella FA?

Its been done but you want something with a bit more capacity. Where there are 80-100lbers there are 150 lbers. Step up to a bigger FA and your fine. But if your on your own boat and you spool up with 50 or 60lb braid and you are a good captain hell yeah your 8000FA is perfect!

View PostYou can get 450 or so which is a pretty good thing being the FA's were on clearance last year for the same price. IMO keep it the SW isnt much better, if you were targeting 300lb tuna id say go for it. JMO

I would agree with Stresst on this. Imho, the FA's were the best series of stella before the SW's came out. They are solid reels that will consistently land big fish. Only disadvantages I see with the 8000 is line capacity if going after hogs and parts availability in 5 years or so. I have the 2500, 5000 and 8000 and would not think of getting rid of mines.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0