Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishEd

in gorund sprinklers

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Ok:

Stupid timer is set according to directions - shows it is running.

Water valves all open.

Still no operational sprinklers- anything else needed to be done?

had a sprinkler company blow out the lines last year - not sure if all I need to do is set the program and open the valve.

of course the first is off or stop, then there is program and then run or manual. While in program mode nothing can happen. Oh yea, be sure to check to make sure you have AM and PM straight.

Good luck

Peace

You should be set (the sprinkler companies close the water valves, open the zone valves and blow out), but you may have a wiring problem or a valve problem (stuck solenoid). Also, be sure that the timer is plugged in (many will keep the time when unplugged, relying on battery back up) - my sprinkler company always unplugs the timer when they winterize for some reason.

water supply open - a spigot that is controlled by the same sutoff valve is up and operational.

Must be something I did wrong with the programming....

First check to see if you have 24v from your transformer, if you have low voltage zone valves. check at the common and 24v. If you turn on one zone , check at the common and the wire for that zone you should have 24v. If you have a rain sensor it may be bad.It won't allow the zones to run. You need a volt meter.

Good luck

View Postwater supply open - a spigot that is controlled by the same sutoff valve is up and operational.

Must be something I did wrong with the programming....

If you get a chance post the model # of the timer that you have, and a pic would be nice. I'm not a professional, but I have installed 3 underground systems, and spent some time on programming errorssmile.gif . Also, can help trouble shoot as I have replace a solenoid.

View PostMine has never worked, and has been disconnected for years. When it rains it pours.

Pete

If you are just talking about the rain sensor, I think it's like a $10-$20 fix at the Depot. It really does work though.