The McRoo Files

Rate this topic

Niffty

OK, I have no choice but to tell this SIM style. The first tale could just be it's own thread and I'll need to break it up into pieces partly because of the DT's and partly because I'm processing the photos.

Here goes. Feel free to chime in with comments. redface.gif

Part 1 - Y'all Got Any Marshmallows?

So we left for Tennessee from Long Island, NY on Saturday afternoon with plans to stop and camp a in Virginia. My 24 year old nephew and I were driving down to bonnaroo together. His second roo, my third.

IMG_00022.JPG

We had a reservation at the Battle of Cedar Creek campground which was just under half way to Manchester, our final destination. The camp ground had a creek (where I never fished despite being camped right next to the water and having gear in the car frown.gif ) and it only cost $20 for the two of us to stay the night. Plus it was less than a 1/4 mile off of the interstate, so it didn't interrupt our journey much.

We got there, checked in and set up camp. I built a fire and we cracked a few beers. beers.gif The campgrounds were mostly empty. We were close to the office and behind where we were sitting was a steep but not too tall hill with a trailer on the top of it. We figured that it was just some seasonal renters who left their trailer there all year long since it seems very "lived in". We thought nothing of it.

We thought wrong....

Hot dogs were invented in 1936 by Larry Hotdogs when he accidentally dropped a bag of prize-winning pig buttholes into his Dick Shaper Machine. :read:

nice icon14.gif

steve would be on page 15 now btw. you have left out many details.

I humbly crave your indulgence to read this message with all seriousness of purpose devoid of any doubt in your mind because this project is based on Trust confidentiality and Sincerity of purpose in order to have an acceptable meeting of the minds.

View PostBTW what's got two thumbs and wears Burt Reynolds sun glasses?

and a red sox hat and MY ****ing Mephiskaphelis T-shirt that I haven't seen in 5 years... cwm13.gif

Hot dogs were invented in 1936 by Larry Hotdogs when he accidentally dropped a bag of prize-winning pig buttholes into his Dick Shaper Machine. :read:

So we hang out for a bit. I ply with the fire. We get all excited and talk about how cool it was going to a drive through beer store and finding a case of Yengling Black and Tan tall boy cans for 20 bucks. We'd never been to a drive through beer distributor before.

IMG_00032.JPG

And of course we were trading stories of bonnaroo past and general Rock n' Roll shows and love for music.

Then we hear a voice....

View Postnice icon14.gif

How many steps from car to tent to creek - it's the details that make it special. I can close my eyes and......

"My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention."
Hedley Lamar
"It wasn't the bullet that laid him to rest, was the low spark of high-heeled boys"
Jim Capaldi & Steve Winwood

View Postnice icon14.gif

I prefer using pictures. A picture is a worth a thousand words. A thousand words will make you vomit like you just ate bad clam sauce.

How long did it take you to pack?

What did you pack?

Where their any issues packing the car?

What was your gas mileage?

How much did you pay for gas?

What was you average speed?

Did you have a good tail wind?

How many tolls did you have to pay?

These are the questions Steve would answer in the first post.

We figure that the voice is just the people in the trailer talking to each other. It turns out that it's someone talking to us. We thought he said "Y'all want any marshmallows?"

"No thanks man. We're good."

We thought it was just a friendly country bumpkin offering us some marshmallows to roast over our camp fire.

We thought wrong.

The guy comes down the hill and says "Y'all got any marshmallows?"

"Oh." He says.

"I'm sorry I thought y'all was someone I knew. Hehe!"

He proceeds down the hill.

"My name is Greg." Hand out stretched.

"Well hi Greg. I'm Paul and this is Patrick."

We shake hands with Greg.

For reference. This is Greg.

IMG_0016.JPG

Greg promptly squats down next to us and begins to explain that he thought we were his "friends" who live in the trailer up the road, but they are moving to TX on Thursday. He helped them move "all the heavy stuff" on Sunday.

Greg talks a lot.

I offer Greg a beer.

"What kind y'all got?"

"Yeungling Black & Tans" I reply."

Greg pauses in thought. headscratch.gif

"No, I quit drinkin' last week" he slurs.

"Sorry Greg. I wouldn't have offered had I known."

"Oh it's OK. I've got some Heinekens up in the trailer that have been tempting me."

Greg didn't always live in the trailer.

"It's actually the owners trailer, but I can't afford more than a tent site, but when we got all the snow this winter... Y'all remember all that snow that we got this winter? Ya'll old enough?"

cwm13.gif

"Anyway, we got lots of snow, like four feet at a time, I was in the tent for months, but Rachael, that's the owner, and her husband, he's the other owner, they let me stay in the trailer. I done fixed it up real nice. Ya'll want to come up and see my camp. It's awful nice?"

icon24.gif

"No Greg." I say. "We don't' want to leave the fire unattended."

Greg continues to talk...

and talk...

and talk...

I do not like this "Greg" guy at all. cwm13.gif

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

View Postthis is starting to read like a hillbilly version of rochelle rochelle

I'd call it "Pizza Deliverance", but that's taken and there is no pizza involved.

View PostI feel a meth lab comng on.

I glad to see at least someone is engaged in the story.