Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimmy z

Gorilla Epoxy

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I was at WW, and picked some up. I also picked up some PermaPoxy.

I used the former, and it goes on nice and sets nice. I haven't used the latter, but will soon.

Anybody else use the Gorilla Epoxy? Thankssmile.gif

I hadnt noticed Gorilla made a clear epoxy, have to check it out..

I use the Gorilla glue, never tried any epoxies yet.. I use the glue to glue plastic lure halves together w/clamps and to glue screw eyes in place sometimes..It seems to be a strong bond on the PVC anyway.. One thing, it kinda expands when it cures.. I guess thats how I would describe it.. It like foams out of the seams when it dries.. When used to glue lure halves, the seam swell is welcome as it fills in any table saw blade imperfections..

As far as waterproof, dont know.... I make sure to seal the glued surface area around seams & screw eyes with my epoxy coatings..

Gorilla makes a quick set super glue too, i use it to glue my 3D eyes in place prior to epoxy coating. Dont slop any around socket edges, it tends to get that crystalized appearance.. Again my eyes are sealed w/the epoxy topcoat later on..

Dont get it on Ur fingers, it dries fast & strong!.. Dang, I glued my index to my thumb a few weekends ago in a matter of seconds.. I thought I was gonna rip the skin off trying to get unstuck!..haha.

Jp~

I know about that Gorilla glue. Right, when it dries, it expands and looks like hardened foam. lol

I did a rubberized outdoor floor for a playground a few years back. And the outdoor tile manufacturer recommended that type of glue. Interest stuff.smile.gif