Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cougar91

Gulp Shrimp vs. DOA Shrimp

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

wow.... I never used Gulp lures but i heard they are really good lures. I use DOA shrimps and I have about 50-100 doa shrimps (root beer, gold glitter, and glow) these are my 3 favorite colors to use biggrin.gif

I have a place in Cape Coral....fish a lot on Sanibel and Captiva...I think the Gulp work a bit better than the DOA...but the DOA are tougher.I agree the friggin puffers love the Gulp shrimp....and they stink up the tackle box.

What ever you have the most confidence in will work for you. I like Gulp for redfish since they can find it but it's not that much different than using a chunk of ladyfish on a jig head.  For snook, I use the DOA in various colors. Sometimes I dunk them in menhaden oil if I want them to have a little stink to them. most times it is not needed. The important thing is to present it to the snook in a natural way and make them want to eat it. You can do as well with a small curly tail bass grub on a jig head or with a split shot up against the hook. It's al presentation.  Good luck. Have fun

i bought several buckets of gulp when i was at a half price sale, $20.00 for $10.   shared some with a friend, one trip he got a 20" fluke, next trip he got a 20# striper, he talked me out of another tub 

Be careful packing your gulp packages in your suitcase if flying somewhere to fish with no tackle shops.  People will look at you funny when you dress for dinner.  Doesn't wash out of clothes very well with no washing machine.