Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShakyMan

Pfluger President spinning reel

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Anyone used the Pfluger President spinning reel? I'm not going to buy it but at a store a couple weeks ago I looked at it and it seemed pretty nice for the price so maybe I'll get it in the future. Any thoughts?

I had one a few years back. The only thing I didn't like about it was the graphite frame. Pflueger has the Metalist, and one other that has the metal frame, that IMO, would be better.

But like I said, it wasn't a bad reel.smile.gif

I like my 3500 size. Very good smallmouth reel, very smooth and nice drag. I don't like the multi-piece frame though, it is literally held together with screws. Other than that, I haven't had any problems with it.

Great freshwater reel for panfish or smallmouth. They make the larger 6050 thru 6070 models for saltwater, but wouldn't recommend the President for that. Drag was suspect in terms of torque and felt flex when I got something (even a fish) hooked. Jimmy Z is correct, the Medalist, especially the 2009 offering is especially sturdy. Suspiciously similar to the Penn Sargus, but both come out of the same company now so who knows.