Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cantilever

Rule Enforcement

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Going to be enforcing a bit fo a twist to our current rules.

No personal comments will be acceptable.

Absolutely none. Do not bring up another members name in a post.

If the thread is about liberals or conservatives, keep it about them in a general sense. Do not say so and so is a conservative and therefore bla bla bla...

I gave out a couple warnings for this today already. I also see a few in some current threads.

So I made this thread so everyone will be aware and we dont have to start giving out a ton of warnings and infractions.

Remember do not make a post about other members. There used to be some leeways on some personal stuff. That is now over due to a few (censored words)

This will be stickied and will stay open for questions and comments.

Thanks

This includes calling a post failed, or a troll or baiting or anything like that. If you have a problem with a thread or post, report it please.

To be more clear: Keep your posts on topic. That means, if a discussion is about health care reform - and clown A says "I think the health care reform under way was necessary and was handled perfectly by the present administration". Clown B says "You are an idiot" - clown B gets an infraction. Or clown B says "I think you are wrong" - clown B gets an infraction. Or clown B says "Only an idiot would think health care reform was handled perfectly" - clown B gets an infraction. Or clown B says "You drank the cool-aide" - or "You take candy from babies" - or "You are always looking for a handout"...etc, etc, etc...clown B gets an infraction. Clown B is only welcome to comment on the topic - not on clown A, not on clown A's past, not on clown A's posting history, not in any way that changes the subject of the post to anything except "health care reform". Posts that are nothing more than insults, no matter how dressed, will be removed.

So ask yourself before you post - am I posting in order to have an honest discussion? Or am I posting to be an insulting, antagonistic, prick? If you aren't posting to have an honest discussion, don't bother posting at all. Thanks HappyWave.gif

TimS

View PostTo be more clear: Keep your posts on topic. That means, if a discussion is about health care reform - and clown A says "I think the health care reform under way was necessary and was handled perfectly by the present administration". Clown B says "You are an idiot" - clown B gets an infraction. Or clown B says "I think you are wrong" - clown B gets an infraction. Or clown B says "Only an idiot would think health care reform was handled perfectly" - clown B gets an infraction. Or clown B says "You drank the cool-aide" - or "You take candy from babies" - or "You are always looking for a handout"...etc, etc, etc...clown B gets an infraction. Clown B is only welcome to comment on the topic - not on clown A, not on clown A's past, not on clown A's posting history, not in any way that changes the subject of the post to anything except "health care reform". Posts that are nothing more than insults, no matter how dressed, will be removed.

So ask yourself before you post - am I posting in order to have an honest discussion? Or am I posting to be an insulting, antagonistic, prick? If you aren't posting to have an honest discussion, don't bother posting at all. Thanks HappyWave.gif

TimS

View PostYeah, what he said.

Much better at explaining the rules then me redface.gif

Yes, he has a way with words...

I would like to add the first addendum to this new proclamation HappyWave.gif

- A member is absolutely entitled to respectfully point out when someone is factually incorrect. Key words being "respectfully" and "factually incorrect" - not "hahahahah - yer wrong dumbass mad.gif"

While it is personal, a post that is factually incorrect should be corrected - respectfully - and by adding the correct information. Correcting someone that is factually incorrect is absolutely on topic - done respectfully it's an important part of good discussion.

TimS

Pretty sure this is already a rule, but lets say it again.

If there is any modding in a thread, can the mod please state what and why it was modded?

This will slow down the PMs on why this or that was closed or removed or whatever.