Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeepBlueSea

Morrum 7700CL vs 6600CL

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I have couple 7700CLs and recently 6600CLs started to catch my attention.

In the bridge fishing concept, could you compare them.

Reviews from who really own 'em would be much appreciated.

thanks

DBS

For what its worth and I'm no expert----the 7700 is much larger than the 6600/5600 in frame size. They all cast well and once the drags are upgraded to carbontex material perform great. As an ideal down size try the Diawa Luna 300 its a horse.

Had the 6600 and sold it because it couldn't hold enough 80 pound line, compared to the 7700.

I got smoked with that reel while livelining a bunker cwm31.gif and sold it shortly thereafter. Couldn't tell ya whether the guts would handle winching up fish, but I don't think it could have been done with the stock handle.

i had that sx7770cl, big reel. i dont bridge fish so i didnt really use it to its potential...i have the 6000 ,5000 ,3000 sizes. i would think you could get around 200-240yrds of 80lb on it. no problemo's with any of them. the entire line is solid

7700 is the finest bridge fishing reel ever, hands down, no substitute. Myself and TimS were the first 2 guys to use em bridge fishin' when they first came out (Abu SX 7700), in a way I guess that makes me and Tim pioneers smile.gif Enough people watched me winch up 12-15 pound fish with ease on the Big Bridge with it that swayed many into buying one for their bridge setups, JoeA included HappyWave.gif.