Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seadogs1

New personal and boat record!

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Thank goodness for the fog today Cap! Hit the googan tide at 12:40 and worked the out at a UDL south of Portland. Not much action at the top of the tide. 3 hours in picked up two just under 26". Then the action slowed again so we moved to another spot with more current. Was thinking about headin in and decided on 3 more drifts. Just at the end of the 1st drift ..... bammm fish on ... could allready tell this was a bigger fish than the first slots earlier in the day. The fish turns and runs for deep water .... 12 min later my new personal best was at the side of the boat. 38" 22lbs. And I thought I was hooked before. Live linin tink macs with 7/0 circle, 40lb flouro, 30lb braid, baitrunner 3500, tsunami 7'7" medium action

highfive.gif I know what you mean I haven't broke the 40" mark yeat myself but have come as close as you smile.gif 38" is my best as will

no boat record for me though all shore. wink.gif

Nice one. The big ones are heading your way... wait til you get into the next size class. Then you'll start fishing all-nighters even though you have to work the next day. Yes, my name is Craig and I'm a stripe-a-holic. biggrin.gif

Love that photo, man. Good job!

Looks like this year has gotten off to a better start for most compared to last year and the year before. I am going crazy because I have not even put a line in the water yet....long story, but that should be corrected by this weekend.

Congrats Seadog!

JPA

Thanks guys - yes catch, revive, release. I have kept a couple just under 26 for the grill, but man, not sure if i could harvest such a big fish. This girl was a graceful creature and i enjoyed reviving her to the point of swimming out of my hand and to hopefully catch again. The circle hook did its jobs and got a nice set right in the corner. Now, if i gut hook a big one and she is bleeding that may be the time to harvest the fish. Cross that bridge when I get to it.

Very Nice seadog but now the hunt is on for the elusive 40"+

I wish you good luck I have been trying for 5 yrs now and have not landed the girl yet last year I was close but my line broke (30lb flouro)