Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pedalman

Bunker Oil

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Fished the Cape Cod Canal and it was me and theskunk.gif again so I went out to buy another lure as I always do when its just been the two of us. BOY DO I HAVE A BUNCH OF FRIGGIN LURES. I decide to get a Cotton Cordell 2oz pencil and load it up to 3oz with some bunker oil. I previously loaded a CC pencil with BBs but I thought this time I would try oil. I drill the hole and measure out 1oz of stinky bunker oil. So far so good. Next I use a small plastic syringe I got from a dentist and start loading. After a 1/2oz I decide to speed things up and try to push in the last 1/2 oz all at once and feel some back pressure building but keep going. Need I say more?

When I remove the syringe I found out what happens when you put 1oz of oil in a smaller space. The oil spurted everywhere. Shirt, pant's,hand's, face and over my head to spread a nice bunch of drops all over the shed.redface.gif

Just got out of the shower, cleaned the shed and my clothes are in the garbage.

Advice: Go slow, use mineral oil and don't stand down wind of me any time soon....Pman

Dude. I've done it too. Only I used vegetable oil, and or water.

As soon as you mentioned "I tried speeding up the process" I cringed knowing what you did.