Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bubba97

Your Take on This Years Spring Run

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

The boats have been crushing them, not always in the same spot though.

Surf has been tough, especially for fish over 30. If I had to guess I'd say it ends for NJ on the next full moon.

For me, it's been pretty good. I lost a decent-sized Striper yesterday on bunker chunksfrown.gif (Those crabs won't stop eating my bait.....). How about you, Bubba?

-Flounderhooked21

here on the Island it was an awful year very inconsistant. Much better last few, however we still have to the end of june with this full moon and then it will be only locals

Hit the beaches about half a dozen times. I only fly fish (just preference). Had a bunch of short strikes and thats it. Fished mainly sandy hook. Still trying for my first striper on the fly. I fished mainly during the day. Am I really missing a lot of shots not fishing at night? As well , I live in Bergenfield so it takes a while to get down there.

I avoided the bunker madness this year and stuck to the back with the yak, and I'm glad that I did. I haven't been almost run over by a boat out front and I haven't been mugged by cell phone chains on the sand. And as an added bonus, i managed a quality fish.

View PostWould just like to hear some takes on how everyone fishing been this spring , maybe some forecasts for the next few months. cwm15.gif

Cheers

Im enjoying myself

Been pretty bad for me. I've been catching some bass but I'm not into cell phone or blitz fishing. If there's a blitz, I'm somewhere else. The lack of small fish is alarming and the killing of big breeding fish is disgusting.

Same names weigh in fish daily and that includes folks who make money on these fish.

Bingo, its so obvious, yet nothing getting done about it.

My spring run was blah, not into crowds, have not been in casting distance of a bunker school. Typical start of year for me.

View Post The lack of small fish is alarming and the killing of big breeding fish is disgusting.