Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mandoborg

Is Narragansett Bay 'Empty '

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Three nights in a row........ New moon, high tides, Perfect conditions......

The Menu:

Live Eels

Rigged Eels

2 oz Atom 40 style eel skin

Black over Silver Yo-Zuri Crystal Minnow

Black Bomber

Loaded Blurple Red Fin

Black, Blurple, Yellow, White Habs style Needles

Black, White 9 Inch Sluggos

4 inch Bunker Shad

White and Black metal lips, surface and diving

Probably more i forgot.......... point is, i didn't get so much as tangled up the last three nights trying 4 spots in the bay. Do i just have s****y luck or is the bay empty of fish ? I'm thinking i missed the ' Loch Ness Monster in Narragansett bay ' story on the news........ It's never been this dead .......

I'm not looking for spots or times, i'm just wondering if anybody is catching in the bay right now.........

Surf fishing that is.........

Your fishing the wrong places, I didnt get anything big, but did get some reasonably respectable fish.

Bait is moving out front and the Bass are on it.

Boulder feild rips are your best bet.

NorthBar Bottle darter did the trick for 90% of my fish, the Olive backed with a pink stripe was the go to.

I found a wadd of little guys on small bait in shallow water over sand last night at high tide.

Fly guy heaven, but I had the big gun and only managed 1 on a Top Gun.

the real question is whats your plan B.....I'm sure theres fish in the lower bay....we seen squid and sandeels under the newport bridge from a boat...water temp are riseing..time to make changes...try to catch them on there way out....or try deeperwater and fish more at night...try breachways if that don't work try the points...find the bait... break the places up into types...points/breachways/beaches/rivers and move untill you find the fish they got to be somewhere...when the upper bay went cold we moved to mass to catch fish...time to change or go for scup and flukebiggrin.gif untill sept..guys throwing eels at night do well in the summer

3 nights you could have hit 6 different type places and with luck you may have hit a pattern that may produced a couple good fishing days or got skunked at all 6biggrin.gif but at that point you'd know more of whats going onbiggrin.gif I'm just saying what we do...sometimes it works sometimes notbiggrin.gif

I have been driving up to altantic highlands in NJ 5 of the last 6 weeks on weekends for stripers. The fishing until this weekend has been outstanding, released many 35 to 40 lb fish. But the bunker boats out of NJ and Mass, using spoter planes and been taking whole schools every day except weekends when there are to many people out watching them. They are whiping them out. Last weekend I drove up to PT Judith for fluke. Was so sweet to be back in RI if only 36 hours, Fluking was spotty but its early. With the way they are slaugthering the bait on the shore, It may be very true there will be no fish to make it to RI :-(

View PostI couldnt get away from gator blues all weekend..gets old after a while..

You bastard, saturday night I was out trying to get bluefish and couldnt find one. Not one single bluefish all weekend.

View PostYou bastard, saturday night I was out trying to get bluefish and couldnt find one. Not one single bluefish all weekend.

I caught the biggest bluefish of my life..twice biggrin.gif

View Postno doubt....

I don't like them much either but they sure are fun.. Haven't seen many thins year.. seems less than last year which seemed less than the year before confused.gif