Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
levari

Sometime I feel sorry...

20 posts in this topic

for those who pay more on BST than what they would have to pay buying new from a store...All one need to do is Google the product....and the lowest price will show up...

View Postfor those who pay more on BST than what they would have to pay buying new from a store...All one need to do is Google the product....and the lowest price will show up...

true on certain items. I'd bet a lot of buys on BST are spur of the moment or compulsives buys.

View PostAllot of items available on bst can't be bought by searching online for the best prices they are not readily available with retail venders

I am not talking about lures or stuff that is discontinued...I am talking about standard stuff that is available everywhere. I am also not talking about dimes and nickles either..I am suggesting, check out the prices before spending any money in here..Don't assume you get a good price in here just because it is a site for fishermen.

Sometimes its so much easier/cheaper to "overpay" here than to drive 2-3 hours to a good bait and tackle shop once you add in your time, gas and tolls.

Also- i have found it cheaper to buy plugs here with shipping than to buy mail order from a renowned tackle shop.

my .02

View PostSometimes its so much easier/cheaper to "overpay" here than to drive 2-3 hours to a good bait and tackle shop once you add in your time, gas and tolls.

Also- i have found it cheaper to buy plugs here with shipping than to buy mail order from a renowned tackle shop.

my .02

Especially if you don't have a shop near you to get them. Sometimes it sucks to live out in the sticks as I do.

View PostSometimes its so much easier/cheaper to "overpay" here than to drive 2-3 hours to a good bait and tackle shop once you add in your time, gas and tolls.

my .02

Why would anyone drive 2-3 hours to a tackle shop and not buy on line on the web?headscratch.gif

my .02

Good point some shops charge 6.00 shipping if you want one plug some times it's cheaper to buy on BST and the WTB forum is nice when your looking for a certain plug

And for every one that pays more than retail a few hundred people save money by purchasing here. Are you as happy for those folks as you are sorry for the very, very, very rare person that pays more than retail? Just curious smile.gif

TimS

I find my local bait shop to be expensive but i still suport the guy. I prefer to buy local or from friends to support them. I have not purchased anything here but if i have the option of buying something here or saving a couple bucks on line, I will buy here. I like the site and enjoy my time spent on here, so I have no problem supporting the online store. Plus hosting and bandwith are expensive.