Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wasy

Fired up the 22.5 for the 1st time

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Fired up the 22.5 WSM for the first time this moring with a butt in the bottom and a rack of ribs on the top. Took all of one adjustment to have that baby cruising at 235.

Life is beautiful! heart.gif

Wow, I'm jealous. You're smoking in Tom's River and I have to take my wife and 2 of my three daughters to the Bronx for my wife's roots tour of where she grew up (Mothers day gift from the girls). However there will be an Italian Restaurant lunch on Arthur Avenue to make it worth my time (bribe for my driving). I'd rather be in the yard with some stuff in the smoker and a cool one close by though (next weekend). Like John said, take and post some pics

I love the WSM. Bought my 22.5" when they first came out. I use it all the time, even in the winter. I just wrap a welding blanket around it to block the wind and it chugs right along at 250*. Some days I'll get 12 hours out of one basket of K. Most of the time it averages around 9 hours.

It turned out to be beautiful thing!

Only mistake I made was not putting enough coals, I got about 8 hrs out of 3/4 full basket, its a bit of a ***** to refill.

I bolted 2 garage door handles to the sides at the top of the mid section to help with lifting it off the bowl. Then I can refill with ease and stir coals without getting ash all over the meat. I use sand in the pan and with meat loaded on it gets a little heavy but not bad.