Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gilbey

So, What's Your Weekend Plans - June 12, 13?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Another weekend is upon us. Where will you wet a line this weekend? What's your plan of attack???

I am hoping to get out predawn Sunday morning somewhere in MoCo NJ. I have not decided if that will be out front or in back yet cwm13.gif . Other than that I have a ton of work to do around the farm and at a friend's house.

What's your plan?

Good luck and safe fishing to all who venture out this weekend smile.gif .

Alan

Hitting the pre-dawn outgoing in my local estuaries. The big girls are starting to make the run from the Delta, through SF Bay, and out to the Pacific, using the big outgoing tides to help flush them through. They often take an interim stop up in the local back bays if they can't quite make it through the gate, then head out for the final push on the next big outgoing. When they do, they feed agressively on the small baitfish aggregated into the narrow tidal channel. #2 all-white clousers or crease flies can be very productive...

Just got back from my trip to the Catskills. 1 14" brown on the Willow and a couple of 12" 'bows on the Beaverkill. Those two waters are WAAAAAY to crowded for my liking..and far too many Range Rovers parked in the pull-offs. It's back to the Adirondacks for my trout. Roscoe is just too damned close to NYC.

Attend funeral mass for the late Hon. Dennis Milton, an utterly decent human being, one of the few such to wear a jurist's robe......ooops. Newsday got the date wrong. OK, visit friends in Huntington that I haven't seen lately. Visit Crazy Al and buy replacement cam-jaw for Traveller Salt Water edition. Grill steaks for self & wife, mow lawn.

Tomorrow .... finish one Affirmation in Opposition to Poor Person's Relief, brief the conflict-of-law issues between the Indian Child Welfare Act and the permanency requirements of Social Services Law 384-b, and contemplate how retiring would get me the use of my weekends back. Visit gym.

Baaah

Have to switch gears for a second and grab all the light gear and head up to the hills for a little trout fishing.

My first trout outing this season, with all the late snow and blown out rivers, I still can't believe its mid-june and my first trip up to tackle trout in '10smile.gif

this weekend and next I have extra work things going on, so no trips to the salt...

But did manage to get out sunday to a local pond with the wife and a bunch of poppers and catch a mess or largemouth, bluegills, pumpkinseeds and dace. Fun stuff. Some of the bluegills were behemouths for that species being bigger than my hands!

The best part though was seeing that the wifes casting has improved tremendously, it was great practice for her and we both had a ton of fun!