Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
After Dark

Thinking about getting a frenzy

9 posts in this topic

The prices I see on the Frenzy are $400-$450 new. What kind of paddle and seat? That could make or break the deal. If the seat and paddle are good stuff and in decent shape, its a bargain. Otherwise, not so much.

I picked up mine new for $325 (hull only), cheap seat will run you $40, and paddle $50, so even at new bargin prices, you're saving $100. Depending on how thrashed the yak and accessories are, may be a very good deal if it was lightly used. Seen them go on Craigs list for $250 with paddle and seat....but you got to be lightning fast to snag them and it's usually at the end of the summer.

What do you want to do with it and how big are you. I'm 6'1 and 215-220 and that seat is a tight fit for me. I bought a Frenzy from soemone here to do short range hops for fishing through the surf (ended up selling it to raise money again for another yak), but would not want to use one for long periods of time.

I picked mine up used for $175 at a shop. I've been out on it twice so far and really like it. I'm 6'1" 220lb and it was fine. Decided I'm keeping it and now looking for a hatch, FF, rod holder...

that i bought about 10-15 yrs ago,

$300 sounds steep for used frenzy,

I paid about $500 back then, for kayak, Seat, and Paddle,

not sure when they stopped making frenzy, but is probably quite old close to 10 yrs old?

If i was to sell mine, i would probably feel like as if i robbed someone if i got $300

th_IMG00497-20091128-0906.jpg?t=12765221