Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RIRockhound

Primaries

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

So with all the talk of the anti-incumbent mentality, what the hell happened????

Majority of the winners were incumbents. Was this a peek into November or will things dramatically change?

Discuss amongst your selves.

My gut is that there will be less overturning in the house and senate than the 'mainstream' media is discussing. Although some would be good, even my liberal ass thinks that some balance is good, especially if it fosters a bit of bi-partisanship rather than both sides taking their own toys and staying home....

You know I heard alot about the primaries coming for a few states.

But not a word now that its past.

I am a Fox News watcher, if Dems did well I guess that explains things.

Are the other stations jumping for joy?

View PostSo with all the talk of the anti-incumbent mentality, what the hell happened????

Majority of the winners were incumbents. Was this a peek into November or will things dramatically change?

Discuss amongst your selves.

My gut is that there will be less overturning in the house and senate than the 'mainstream' media is discussing. Although some would be good, even my liberal ass thinks that some balance is good, especially if it fosters a bit of bi-partisanship rather than both sides taking their own toys and staying home....

In Fresno County CA, voter turnout was a paltry 20%; hardly the stuff of a concerned and intensely motivated electorate.

From Channel 26 News June 10, 2010:

"Low Voter Turnout Numbers in Fresno County By Winston Whitehurst

Some ho-hum numbers for voter turnout in Fresno County.

The Fresno County clerk's office anticipated a 32% turnout.

Instead, a mere 20% filled out their ballots.

That's about 78,000 people.

The county clerk, Victor Salazar, says absentee and provisional ballots still need processing, but turnout still won't exceed 25%.

He also says Republicans turned out in higher numbers than Democrats, but believes by November, the turnout will be more overwhelming from all voters.

"The primaries have the lowest levels of participation, but the general elections, the voter participation increases, and it'll be very competitive at the top of the ticket, all the way down," Salazar explains.

The general election is November 2nd."