Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surf Hunter

Not wood, but all good!

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

So our Pacific Rock cod season opens this Sunday. I had a couple of what are called Jax Jigs in 2.5oz size that are no longer made and probably my most productive lure for rockfish and ling cod. I had one left so decided to bust out some Bondo and make a mold.

Pored these and just rough painted with Krylon and used a clear coat.

I was not worried about perfection in paint as these will more then likely get hung up on rocks or the reefs anyway.

These two colors have been my most productive, scrambled egg and one I call vermilion (orange back, copper belly).

Can't wait till Sunday to give em a go!

Thanks all-

figured I would try something different and I am very pleased with the results. Hopefully the swell will b down on sunday for the opener so I can use them.

View PostSo our Pacific Rock cod season opens this Sunday. I had a couple of what are called Jax Jigs in 2.5oz size that are no longer made and probably my most productive lure for rockfish and ling cod. I had one left so decided to bust out some Bondo and make a mold.

Pored these and just rough painted with Krylon and used a clear coat.

I was not worried about perfection in paint as these will more then likely get hung up on rocks or the reefs anyway.

These two colors have been my most productive, scrambled egg and one I call vermilion (orange back, copper belly).

Can't wait till Sunday to give em a go!

Attachment 368283

You like to burn your scrambled eggsheadscratch.giftongue.gif

Cool rigs...Fill the freezer Tom! Hi to Shannon! Got to fish AK last season with my boys and some friends...went during August for the silver run...never saw anything like it in my life...most days we could not see the river bottom...just salmon!

View PostVery cools stuff Surf Hunter!

Thanks Ratss, looks like the weather gods might be in our favor tomorrow,. It was looking scretchy for kayaking tomorrow earlier but looks good now.

hopefully the 15-20 foot man in the gray suit won't be near our 14' kayaks tomorrow. cwm31.gif