Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GJohnson

MoCo vs OcCo Surfing

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I have a guy coming up next week for a few day meeting. He surfs A LOT in Virginia and is looking to bring his board and wet suit etc with him next week. He asked about the surfing locally and I told him there is plenty of surfing in the area.

I know a lot of spots in MoCo (Allenhurst, Deal, LB etc) where guys surf but I'm not that knowledgeable on areas south of there. What areas should he target if his hotel is closer to Ocean County?

I think his hotel choice will be based on where the better surfing is - MoCo vs Ocean County.

I'd like to hear from you guys who surf, which area you feel is the better.

He's put me onto some good fishing areas when I visit him for work in VA, so I'd like to be able to steer him to some good areas for surfing.

Thanks.

Even better

I'll call him now and tell him to PM you.

And FWIW, the surfers are even worse then we are with the spotburn thing - you want to see guys completely, I mean completely, lose their minds, spotburn a surf break cwm27.gifcwm27.gif

Name the movie this quote is from and maybe I'll tell some secrets:

"What the hell do you know about surfing, Major? You're from ******ned New Jersey!"

i for one don't lose my mind.... where in ocean county? i highly doubt any decent surf is coming for the next 2 months , but ocean county is more exposed so its bigger on the right swell. find any little jetty and score a few, its always changing over here

View PostName the movie this quote is from and maybe I'll tell some secrets:

"What the hell do you know about surfing, Major? You're from ******ned New Jersey!"

Apocalypse Now?

One of my favorite scenes !

If I say it's safe to surf this beach, Captain, then it's safe to surf this beach!

You either surf or you fight.

Charlie don't surf!

Thanks sudsy. I'll check my pm's.

This guy coming up from Va beach is a pretty good surfer. Probably close to mid fifty and in great shape. He's surfed a good part of the east coast, west coast and since his son is stationed in Hawaii he's surfed a lot on the island. I'll get him to some spots where he won't be ticketed and he'd be good from there out.

Thanks