Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kima

I Won!

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Got a call today, caller ID reads "private name, private number", not a good sign. The guy on the other end has a heavy accent, my guess is Nigerian or something similar. I can't really understand him, but after a while I decipher the phrase "you won three-point-five million dollars and a 2010 Lincoln Navigator." Now you have my attention, I ask his name, Tony Edwards, this guy doesn't sound like a Tony Edwards.

I say I don't know how I won 3.5 million dollars and a Lincoln Navigator and he says "you should have gotten our letter in the mail informing you, did you not get our letter?" I explained that I didn't get their letter and I don't remember entering a sweepstakes for this prize. He tells me that I was entered in the sweepstakes by the (something redface.gif) chapel and that I won.

He said that he needed to ship my prize out tomorrow because it was already too late to send it out today. This is the point where I started laughing so hard I had to give my dad the phone. My dad talks to Mr. Tony Edwards for about a minute, and when he says he doesn't understand how he won a contest he didn't even enter, Mr. Tony quickly hung up the phone.

Just a funny story, and a warning, people are still trying this crap cwm27.gif

I can't believe you hung up the phone. Tony called me too saying I was the second prize winner but, since the first prize winner could not be contacted, I would receive first prize. All I had to do was transfer $22000.00 to cover taxes and shipping. That car is gonna look great in the driveway of my new beach house. Do you think the F.B.I. will might that I used their bank account.beers.gifbeers.gifbeers.gifbeers.gif

View PostI seen something like that on American Greed TV show. Guess what he was Nigerian also, how ironic!cwm15.gif

Funny thing--I got an e-mail today from some Nigerian dude, a Barrister even, who wanted me to help embezzle money from the National Bank of Lagos.

You think this might be a scam? headscratch.gif The guy said he was a Barrister, after all.

View PostFunny thing--I got an e-mail today from some Nigerian dude, a Barrister even, who wanted me to help embezzle money from the National Bank of Lagos.

You think this might be a scam? headscratch.gif The guy said he was a Barrister, after all.

Sounds legit. Why would a Barrister lie to some one. biggrin.gif

View PostFunny thing--I got an e-mail today from some Nigerian dude, a Barrister even, who wanted me to help embezzle money from the National Bank of Lagos.

If you can't trust a lawyer..... headscratch.gif

View PostIf you can't trust a lawyer..... headscratch.gif

Yeah, but isn't a barrister a lawyer of distinction? He's not a mere solicitor, after all, but a member of the Queen's Bar.

Laywers are all shysters--we know that--but now you're saying that even a Barrister can't be trusted. frown.gif

Asked you to embezzleconfused.gif! Did he use those words "embezzle"? Surprise I am not, not these days. Be carefull with any response. Like I said it was featured on a nation wide TV show. I would not want to be thought of as working with these people by the government, not even Obama's government.

View PostHe probably works for Obama generating healthcare funds...

best quote of the day, and it's only 1:30 in the morning biggrin.gif

yeah and he probably chose the OP based on his financial status showing signature

View Postbest quote of the day, and it's only 1:30 in the morning biggrin.gif

yeah and he probably chose the OP based on his financial status showing signature

The pic is just one I saw online and thought was funny, I'm only 17 tongue.gif

I might change it, its not working out for me...