Masseys Landing

Rate this topic

Been going to the Delaware beaches for about 10 yrs now. My sons and I have always fished in the IR inlet and have done well.

Was wondering if it is worth the drive to Masseys Landing to fish . We don't have a boat so we were wondering if the fishing is any good there.

We will be down there late July into early August.

I was just there Monday and Tuesday A.M. Used Gulp, B.A's, and Fin S and got not a bite. Was on the pier, incoming tide. One other person there, and not a bite either. On the other side of the boat launch, (concrete side) they caught a couple of t.b.'s. Saw a few caught from the boats drifting, but did not see any hit the coolers.

Tuesday when I was there, did not fish, just watched and talked to some guys on the concrete side using minnows and Gulp, no luck the 90 minutes I was watching. Major salad fest going on both days I was there. Had to clean the tandem rigs almost every cast Monday.

Croakers are have been caught at CHP, but did not see/hear of any at Massey yet.

I was told there have been some keepers caught there, but not many.

Did see one heck of a striper show on the other side of the channel. Some major attacks on bait fish over there.

View PostI live right down the road from Massey's Ditch. The best time to fish Massey's Ditch is early in the morning, and in the evening. During the afternoon, this Ditch is one big Boat parade.

Lol, yes it is. I go down some times just to watch the launch/loading shows.