Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Angler #1

Saltist 20H

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

by Daiwa was purchased by me about one month ago. Usd two times and liked the reel in general, but the drag system is terrible . The reel has been looked at by Bucko's and he is unable to remedy the drag problem It only works when the drag is locked down Any suggestions.

angler, i'd purchase a set of carbontex washers from smooth drag dot com, lightly grease them w/ something like cals or shimano drag grease. alan tani has a good tutorial on a saltist 30 or 40 drag upgrade (the 20 is very similar). if it has the older style thin paper washers that might be the issue. you can find that tutorial here...

http://******.com/index.php?topic=227.0

I understand some of the earlier batches had poor drags.....I had to replace mine with carbontex washers.......then performed like it should.

I had similiar issue with my Luna and Saltiga, The luna was sent back twice then sold what a POS. My saltiga 20 was perfect after a set of greased Carbontex. Dont waste your time bringing it back or sending it in. I know it sucks to buy something that doesnt work but the upgrade is only a few bucks and will be "bullet proof" when your done. On less thing to worry about rather then worrying about the stock drags.JMO