Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tagger

BI ,, Cutty

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

As some of you know I took a trip to Block Island Sunday-Wednesday and Cuttyhunk Thursday -Sunday . Went with a group of 9 guys to BI and all caught fish . We stayed in a beautiful house .. I'd guess a multi million dollar house ,full ocean veiw in the back of the house full salt water bay in the front . Ate like a king ,, fished all night ,, slept late .. Fishers ran the gammit ,, eel guys ,, wet suiters ,,shore pluggers.. best fish was 35# caught by Mark first night . i eeked out 4 fish in the teens. all on my blue/white needle . Fished really long hours for a short window of fish,, but I'd do it again in a heart beat . That was my 3rd trip to BI .. learned some new stuff .. Cutty was hot as hell the night before I got there . Went with a group of 20 something guys and stayed at the fishing club . Fishing for me at Cutty was pretty much the same as BI . Fished hard the first night and got skunked the first night at both places , I caught 4 fish in about 15 minutes the second night and they just kept getting bigger.I thought this is the night but the fish moved on . . First was in mid teens and 3 were in the low to mid 20's ,again all on the blue/white needles ..I thru everything . That plug was the only one I caught on both islands . That was my 3rd trip to Cutty . Went with a great bunch of fishers on both trips ,, Everyone cooked ,,cleaned . Had some awesome meals . Looking forward to Troll Fest now .. I wouldn't be doing any of this stuff if not for the friends I made on the boards . Some say .. Internet fisher ? Get a Life .. little do they know,, Life is good .. Been getting pm'd so figured I'd just spill this and let you all know ..

I had fun on the Cutty part of the trip with Eddie. We hit some weather and fishing was slow for most. Being my first trip I made mistakes the first day and night. An islander on the water taxi had told me that your first trip to Cutty is to learn the second and following trips are for catching. He was right.

The guys on the trip were great, getting 20 guys staying in one place and actually getting along and cooperating with each other with meals and clean up is rare. I think the mystic of the island makes us act different.

Also unlike many places I have gone on the east coast the people of Cutty actually like us as fishermen. They understand what we mean to their community.

I was humbled by the history and the terrain on a trip I have dreamed about since I was a little kid. I will go back but with a new set of plans and in much better shape.

View PostI had fun on the Cutty part of the trip with Eddie.

The feelings mutual Chris .. I hope you had a good vacation .. was kinda hoping Victor would bring you by Troll Fest..